Good laptop for studying/gaming?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Heyy, so I'm looking to buy a new laptop for gaming but also for studying at uni. I've set my eyes on the gtx 1060 Surface Book 2 and also the razer blade 15. I'm leaning towards the surface due to its touchscreen which I feel I'll be using quite a bit for note taking, etc.

I'm not sure if I'd be fine having a laptop with a 1050 ti instead because I might be thinking of getting a VR setup soon after :p, also because why the hell not have a 1060

Are there any other alternatives I could look at or would the Surface Book be a good choice?

Note: Just saying its kinda weird I'm already going to uni next year. I joined this forum 5 years ago when I was just a minecraft playing tween. Also I'm not taking a computing related degree, feel free to guess my course :lol:

Edit: Just like to say that the forum looks like its the same as usual. Just your normal bunch of new user introductions where OP never posts ever again, unreplied threads and your occasional cloudflare error when the page tries to load. heh

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not aiming to run anything too intensive so hopefully thermals should be fine. Do you know of any alternatives btw?

A desktop lol or something a bit beefier on the laptop side. These things have massive price tags and I know there are GTX 1070 based laptops in the 1200 dollar range over here. You obviously want to game intensively with your consideration for VR, I'd look at something higher than a 1050ti or 1060. The small laptops are appealing, but their size limits their power and thermal capabilities.

Yup, so portability is the main priority for me so I'll probably will go with the surface.

Back
Top Bottom