Apologies if I need to be posting on the forum above but when I reviwed some of the threads up there they didn't seem to match what I was really looking for. Anyway, let me give you some background info.
School is making me buy a laptop (it's not required, but with the classes I'm taking, it might as well be). On top of that, I'm a hardcore world of warcraft player that hit pay dirt, a good paying job that lets me play at work (graveyards ftw), so a laptop is now a gaming necessity.
Without further ado, here are some laptops that I was looking at, I was hoping to get a second opinion on some things as I don't want to spend 213948 $$ on something that is waaaay too advanced for my uses. (I apologize, but I don't have the full specs on any one of those computers
First one is a random BestBuy computer (not a dell or a gateway):
- This one has Intel Centrino Dual Cores (will those pull off gaming?). As far as I can remember they're not the slowest models but not the fastest either, somewhere in the upper middle.
- 1gig DDR2 RAM.
- Nvidia 7700 GO (mobile version?)
- That's as far as I can remember when it comes to specs, it has a DVD writer and such, a camera (wtf?), its Vista capable, and some other crap...
the best part about this one is the price, it's only $1200, as opposed to the other two I'm about to tell you about.
The second one is also a random BestBuy but a bit pricier:
- This one has the best Centrino D's in it.
- 1 gig DDR2 RAM
- Don't remember the video car (sorry!) but it's a 256 Nvidia.
- has all the bells and whistles, and an extra wide monitor (looked absolutely amazing), and a tv tuner deal.
- This one is running for $1700
The third one is the Alienware m something (I know I know, I just wanted to see how much it costs).
- Everything about it is pretty much top of the line, except the processors (which are still pretty **** powerfull).
- This one ended up costing me like $2500.
- I'd like to know a bit about Centrino D's and how they handle when it comes to gaming (keep in mind, wow is the game of choice).
- Best video card I can put in any laptop?