Good Laptop for Casual Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmacy01

Beta member
Apologies if I need to be posting on the forum above but when I reviwed some of the threads up there they didn't seem to match what I was really looking for. Anyway, let me give you some background info.

School is making me buy a laptop (it's not required, but with the classes I'm taking, it might as well be). On top of that, I'm a hardcore world of warcraft player that hit pay dirt, a good paying job that lets me play at work (graveyards ftw), so a laptop is now a gaming necessity.

Without further ado, here are some laptops that I was looking at, I was hoping to get a second opinion on some things as I don't want to spend 213948 $$ on something that is waaaay too advanced for my uses. (I apologize, but I don't have the full specs on any one of those computers :( )

First one is a random BestBuy computer (not a dell or a gateway):
- This one has Intel Centrino Dual Cores (will those pull off gaming?). As far as I can remember they're not the slowest models but not the fastest either, somewhere in the upper middle.
- 1gig DDR2 RAM.
- Nvidia 7700 GO (mobile version?)
- That's as far as I can remember when it comes to specs, it has a DVD writer and such, a camera (wtf?), its Vista capable, and some other crap...
the best part about this one is the price, it's only $1200, as opposed to the other two I'm about to tell you about.

The second one is also a random BestBuy but a bit pricier:
- This one has the best Centrino D's in it.
- 1 gig DDR2 RAM
- Don't remember the video car (sorry!) but it's a 256 Nvidia.
- has all the bells and whistles, and an extra wide monitor (looked absolutely amazing), and a tv tuner deal.
- This one is running for $1700

The third one is the Alienware m something (I know I know, I just wanted to see how much it costs).
- Everything about it is pretty much top of the line, except the processors (which are still pretty **** powerfull).
- This one ended up costing me like $2500.

Questions:
- I'd like to know a bit about Centrino D's and how they handle when it comes to gaming (keep in mind, wow is the game of choice).

- Overheating?

- Best video card I can put in any laptop?

I don't know that much about laptops, but are you only going to be playing WoW? WoW is not that demanding. I could run it just fine on high with my Radeon 9250 and a 2Ghz socket A Sempron

Shando said:
I don't know that much about laptops, but are you only going to be playing WoW? WoW is not that demanding. I could run it just fine on high with my Radeon 9250 and a 2Ghz socket A Sempron

Yeah, wow is pretty much the most demaniding program I'll be running on it, that's why I'm hoping those Centrino's will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom