Good Intel mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0rga

Baseband Member
Does anyone have any recommendations on good intel mobo that isn't too pricey?I'm looking for one that is has at least two DDRII ram slots and two pci-e slots , is socketed 755 and isn't SLI (if it will save money.) Thanks for any feedback.

if you dont want sli then why would you want 2 pci e slot?
i mean yea they could be used for crossfire but that would be just as costly as sli

actually SLI would be cheaper depending on the cards you use, with Cross-Fire, the only cards i can ever find would cost upwards of a grand together when you can get 2 SLI cards for about 400 (if they 7 series or cheaper for 6 series but, who would do that?)

^i wasnt talking about using two cards in sli or crossfire sry for the confusion

in his post he wants a board with 2 pci e slots, then he says not sli because he wants to save money.

this make no sense to me?

Sorry if i wasn't clear but i believe that the new dx10 cards require two slots? Or am i just being dumb? I wanted it to be future Proof.

8800's require one PCIe slot. The GTX requires two six pin power connectors and it is a power hog!!

In that case one slot would be suffienct as long as no future gen cards require more than one slot. So anyone got any ideas? I have have that the Gigabyte DS3 is good, comments?

DS3 is fine, or you can get a 3x PCIE slot Badaxe like me....then you can get physics cards, graphics cards....

I think they will start brining all wifi, sound cards etc to PCIE eventually..not sure what benefits would come of it though.

BTW, the 8800 series takes up two slots, that does not mean it has to make two seperate pcie connections. It just means that its really fat and big and needs space inside your case.. dont expect to put anything in the adjacent slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom