Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
Ok, I wantto play newer games yadd aydd yadda.

I dont wann upgrade my psu at the moment.

I was looking at buying the eVGA 8600GT for 100 dollars, to give me a huge performance boost over my 6200

then in 3 months when the G92 is out, I can step up to either an 8800GTS or an 8700GT.

Does this sound like a good deal?

I dont wanna spend more than 100 dollars, and my pus is 400 watts with 16 amps.

If you have to ask....Also as peter said, i think you had a brain fart and listed the same video card twice.

The card needs 18 amps minimum, 24 amps recommended. If you plug that in, the CPU won't get any power.

So as I understand it:
-you currently have a 6200
-You are proposing upgrading to an 8600 GTS
-Once the G92 comes out, you further upgrade to an 8800GTS or the new G92 (which will be the 8700)

What is your thought process behind this last step? Is it because you think prices will drop when the G92 comes out? (not sure this is the case, the G92/8700 is, I believe, a mid range card).

So the points:
-do not expect much of an upgrade from 8600-8700 (I may be proved wrong here)
-do expect much of an upgrade to the 8800, but dont expect much of a price drop in that time
-do buy an eVGA 8600 because a) great support, b) great cards and most important for you:
c) step up programme, lets you upgrade your card for the difference in price between the two provided its within 90day and everything is as new.

EDIT: oh, yeah, the PSU, kill it, get a new one. Kill it good

So as I understand it:
-you currently have a 6200
-You are proposing upgrading to an 8600 GTS
-Once the G92 comes out, you further upgrade to an 8800GTS or the new G92 (which will be the 8700)

What is your thought process behind this last step? Is it because you think prices will drop when the G92 comes out? (not sure this is the case, the G92/8700 is, I believe, a mid range card).

So the points:
-do not expect much of an upgrade from 8600-8700 (I may be proved wrong here)
-do expect much of an upgrade to the 8800, but dont expect much of a price drop in that time
-do buy an eVGA 8600 because a) great support, b) great cards and most important for you:
c) step up programme, lets you upgrade your card for the difference in price between the two provided its within 90day and everything is as new.

EDIT: oh, yeah, the PSU, kill it, get a new one. Kill it good

I dont care about the price, but I need something to fix my 6200 lagging my system.

If I buy the one in my second thid post, the superclocked, is 199 retail, and the 8800GTS for eVGA, adn the cheapest on newegg is 269.99.

115 (8600GT)+ 100(difference between 8600GT superclocked, and 8800GTS normal) =225 dollars, saving me 44 dollars in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom