Good FPS rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i believe movies use 24 fps, but they do blur so it appears to be higher when watched. I read an interesting article about FPS last week that someone linked here, i dont remember who though.

Actually i believe movies use 24 fps, but they do blur so it appears to be higher when watched. I read an interesting article about FPS last week that someone linked here, i dont remember who though.

We don't need the article.....

Movies are 30FPS because they use motion blur and it looks good. Commercials are shot at 24FPS usually to save film. However games do not suffer from motion blur and the higher the FPS the better.

Heres to quote something on the V-sync and Refresh rate of a monitor.

When vertical sync is enabled, video cards only output a maximum frame rate equal to the refresh rate of the monitor. All extra frames are dropped. When vertical sync is disabled, the video card is free to render frames as fast as it can, but the display of those rendered frames is still limited to the refresh rate of the monitor. For example, a card may render a game at 100 FPS on a monitor running 75 Hz refresh, but no more than 75 FPS can actually be displayed on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom