Good FPS rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I myself don't notice a difference between 40 constant and 60 constant... and 32fps in a rts works great.

For example C&C 3s sage game engine is locked to 32 fps, compare it to SupCom which has no lock. Its hard to tell when zoomed up but when you zoom in closely I think its quite obvious SupCom looks silky smooth ( at least at the start of the game ) while C&C 3 just looks "nice"

I like constant fps more than high fps. I'm fine with 40fps constant and prefer that to something that jumps up and down.

my FPS jumps down in TF2 like crazy, half the time I get 130ish, the other half I get 70ish, either way it doesn't matter since there all above fps levels that my eye can't tell the difference between

( plays TF2 at absolute max settings )

my FPS jumps down in TF2 like crazy, half the time I get 130ish, the other half I get 70ish, either way it doesn't matter since there all above fps levels that my eye can't tell the difference between

that seems pretty low?

I'm running at 1440x1900 on my GTS 320 MB and I get 130 average, 60-80 when I run around oustide with bombs exploding

I've got 16xCSAA, Expanded HDR, Very High Texture and the rest is max

WRONG.. the eye level can tell more than 70 fps easy... and its refresh rates that won't let it see past 70

well i cant tell the difference between 70 and 90
75 is amazing for games

What Nosboost means and he is right...is that even if your game is saying its displaying 100FPS, if your monitor only runs at 75 hertz then thats all the max FPS your ACTUALLY displaying. This is why V-sync is usually used, to sync up refresh rate with the games FPS to prevent screen tearing.

when i play madden it stays at 60fps constant.

Ive seen it go down to 55 rarely, and thats when itll lag...

when i play madden it stays at 60fps constant.

Ive seen it go down to 55 rarely, and thats when itll lag...

and thats probably due to vsync keeping it at a constant 60fps

and thanks sora for clarifying what i was saying

1. your eyes can see more than 70fps.. being actual living things.. what you see.. not ur game fps...

2. like sora said... what your seeing is limited to the refresh rate of your monitor.. most the time being 65-75 hz... so i don't care if your getting 200 fps... your only displaying 65-75 of those :)

i don't know where the rumor of 30 fps came from.... but that is just the fps used in film reel movies.. like movie theatres... but those use a motion blur to make it look much more smooth than thirty... but games can't use that same motion blur.. or the monitor can't display the same way... i can't remember...

but i know in an old long lost thread.. from before tf was updated.. we had a discussion on how many frames the human eye could see.. and i believe it ranged to the high 100's to low 200's or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom