Good FPS rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've experienced mid-20 fps and it's barely enjoyable. In my opinion, 45 and higher is good for real time strategy and in some cases role playing games, but for shooters or games with a lot of action, 60 and higher is ideal.

I would say ideal is around 60-80. Anything more than that and the amount of money you start sinking in the machine is going to get pretty rough. It also depends alot on the game you are playing. My old machine used to run world of warcraft at around 20-30, now it stays above 60 and its a lot less choppy.

I used to pla cs:s with about 20 frames, but I could only snipe, because as soon as there was smoke or any other action I would drop to about 10 and get destroyed. I would say 40 or more for most games.

i think our eyes can only capture about 30fps anyways...so anything beyond that will look the same.
All consoles have their games at 30fps.

I like to play games which have an fps of 35+

Is there a way to adjust your FPS manually, apart from upgrading? Or is one stuck with whatever it is running at?

it usually runs as fast as possible, unless u turn v. sync on, which means it will run at the same speed of your monitors refresh rate i.e. a 75Hz screen will run at 75Fps MAX but will get slower if the game play gets to graphic intense.

i think our eyes can only capture about 30fps anyways...so anything beyond that will look the same.

Actually this isnt true. In games it is clearly visible upwards of 60 FPS and most new consoles dont cap at 30fps. I know there was a huge uproar that madden only played at 30fps on the ps3(hahah sony) while it played at 60 fps on the xbox 360.

Corection sir, 30fps and 60fps for this generation of console games.

To the OP- IMO, 60fps+ for shooters and 40+ for RTS and whatnot.

In games like CS, the more the better.

Is there a way to adjust your FPS manually, apart from upgrading? Or is one stuck with whatever it is running at?

On PC games, the frame rate isn't constant. It varies depending on what's on the screen. Say you're playing Half Life 2. You stare at a well, it'll run up to 200-300 frames per second. But then say you're outside with explosions and alot of stuff moving around, it'll drop down to 70-100.

That of course depends on your video card.

Also, with some games, they have frames per second "caps". Like Quake 4, pretty sure that's topped at 60fps w/out Vsync turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom