Was this a good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadgiveaway

Solid State Member
First post baby.
So I decided I wanted to get a custom build computer, so I had this place do it for me. For an extra $200 they will build it and give you a 3 year warranty. So they put together this for me (music production and some gaming)

Antec Nine Hundred Black case
GB EX58-UD3R 1366 DDR3 ATX mb
Intel QC i7 920 2.66 8M 4.8GT
Mushkin XP3 3GB 3x1GB ram
LG SATA DVD-RW 22x
WD V-Raptor 300GB 10k
Gigabyte 4850 1GB PCI-E ATI graphics
Kingwin ABT-800 MA1 800w Mod
Sound Blaster Audigy Se 7.1
APC Backups Office-750 G Battery powered surge protector

$1,845 and i'll prolly have to get another external hard drive

NOW, i was just stubling around the HP website and they could build this with 8gb ddr3 ram w/ 10k and 7200rpm hard drives... for $1200 after instant rebate. Did I Fail?

Its a bit more than I would pay for that , but DIY'ing would have saved you close to $400 on that build.

Yeah I figured that...I cant build anything right now: but would like to get a fair price and im just not sure what they do (extra) with those pre built computers....but $1,200 compared to $1,800 is pretty good; so im tripping! (:)

What would I have to do...just order all the same parts and snap em together basically? Is it better to have the Ram seperate like that 3x1gb (as in more efficient). Plus the guy said it will take 14 BUSINESS days to build!!!!!!! Well, its still better deal than an (say "*******" with your tongue out). Should I call this guy and be like, "yo dawg, this is too much"

but anyways, is that a "solid" computer? You think itt'l last me for a while, would you change anything (music production and some gaming)

I mean Look at this
Gamer Xtreme SI

Don't post so many times, just edit previous posts. You will almost always get a better deal and price vs performance building your own.

That 300gb Raptor is kind of a waste now adays. I've heard the difference between that and a WD 500 or 640 gb is hardly noticeable, except the price. Only 3gb of ram; could get 6 easily within an $1800 budget.

Then the video card, I've got a 4850 but there's no way I'd pay $1800 and only get a 4850. They're more of a mid level card, works great for me, but for that much.. Sound card is also a waste, mobo sound is fine. I've never heard of a "kingwin" power supply before, and 800w is overkill for that system.

regarding posting yeah i diddnt realize what i was doing...ok so, you think new egg is the best place to go? I don't know if its too late, how much could you build for $1800 compared to that?

What would I have to do...just order all the same parts and snap em together basically? Is it better to have the Ram seperate like that 3x1gb (as in more efficient). Plus the guy said it will take 14 BUSINESS days to build!!!!!!! Well, its still better deal than an (say "*******" with your tongue out). Should I call this guy and be like, "yo dawg, this is too much"

Yes, you would be best with 3x2GB of RAM, and if you built it yourself you could have the parts in 3-4 days.

And no need to quadruple post, there's an edit button at the bottom of the previous post.

Yes Newegg would be the way to go. I'll post a good build for ~$1800 in a minute.

Well, you do know, the APC Backup is about 100 bucks eh.

So really it's 1700ish.. Now because the hp is 1200, doesn't mean its better, and probably not worth the 1200. But looking over it... It really is only a 12-1400 setup. Plus why is it only 3Gig of ram... btw it needs to be in 3's

Now, the cyberpower setup is quite the beast, includeing liquid cooling..

I think if you haven't bought it, walk away and get something from cyberpower if you dont feel up to building yourself.

Yeah, I think I already bought it cus I gave him half already.... but atleast i'll get rid of that soundcard. I told him that i diddnt want integrated so could he add a sound card, i was assuming that he would have switched the motherboard with a non integrated (i mean comon). And somone said that 10k hard drive is overkill? Cus that would help me get dual hard drives easier. This kinda stuff makes me sick (:) hahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom