Good CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvvmm

In Runtime
Hi, I just got my zalman 120mm performa cooler today and its REALLY loud and I am going to return it. I want to find a good cpu cooler that is quiet and cools the cpu well.

What's your cpu?.... You gotta post some more info in your posts, we can't help you with generic questions like these.

look at these websites. endless options. check the measurements. i bought a
coolermaster V8 and it barely fits in a antec 200 case.
HeatsinkFactory.com - CPU Coolers, Case Fans, Quiet Cooling, and Water Cooling
FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies

The V8 isn't all that great of a cooler...

This noctua is massive, and exspensive, but its the best and quietest cooler you can get. Short of the megahalems or TRUE copper and some expensive fans might be a bit better, but good fans would be $20 a piece and those heatsinks are already expensive. You also have to watch which ram you have, corsair, and Gskill with tall heatsinks will not fit with this cooler. You will also have to take off the inside fan on your case's side panel, though some cases you may not have to.
Newegg.com - Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

I've got the NH-D14 running on my i7 920 atm, temps are 3-4c lower at idle temps than my old heatsink, and under load they're a good 8-13c lower!

I looked at the heatsink of the noctua NH-U12P and my heatsink has more heatpipes than it. I would return it but newegg charges you a 15% restocking fee and I dont want to do that. I think that I should just get two noctua 120mm fans and attach them to my heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom