Is this a good combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh....I'm tired of how people think Corsair XMS2 is actually good for the money...becuase it's not. It's actually some of the worst Price/Performance memory on the market right now and they can sell it that high becuase they KNOW that since they have the name people just like you will select it thinking its awesome. I mean just like you, you didint ask is it good but rather is it compatible. You already think its awesome memory while it most surely is not at that price. There are many many better modules of ram for the money than XMS2.

Here are two kits that just destroy that stuff for less....both perform close so I would just pick.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

and yes both of those are compatible with a DS3

Sigh....I'm tired of how people think Corsair XMS2 is actually good for the money...becuase it's not. It's actually some of the worst Price/Performance memory on the market right now and they can sell it that high becuase they KNOW that since they have the name people just like you will select it thinking its awesome. I mean just like you, you didint ask is it good but rather is it compatible. You already think its awesome memory while it most surely is not at that price. There are many many better modules of ram for the money than XMS2.

Here are two kits that just destroy that stuff for less....both perform close so I would just pick.

Thanks man im probably going to go with those now...

If i were to redo my build i would probably go with the second pair, but if you consider the rebate the xsm2 do come out cheaper. and i don't think people give them enough credit and are always bashing them, im happy with my ram. it'll hit ddr2-1000 easy, and at decent timings.

why go with the second pair? just curious...
i will probably get the hk, the stock timings are sick and i have read that they are able to reach (at least) ddr2-1000 speeds with them. 4-4-3-5. sick sick sick.
i do agree with thirdleft, tho....i am very happy with my xms. just like to play the field.

yeah, I've just heard a little more positive things about the hz's, and they should be the better overclocker. however either one would be a great pair. ddr2-1000 at 4-4-3-5 is not to shabby...lol.

I'm not bashing XMS2 becuase it sucks but rather how people buy it becuase it has the name "Corsair" and thats it.

XMS2 will hit DDR2-1000 which is really fine but the HK's can hit that with CL4

HK's and HZ's will both hit 1200mhz easy.

Like I said Corsair has the best customer service in memory today and on average the ram will handle any overclock...but I just like people to be aware of this and how companies like G.Skill and Geil will be faster for cheaper.

i see your point Sora, but people are going to do what they want with their money. honestly when i bought my pair of xms2 they were $299 for the pair, and the g.skills were more expensive, so thats what decided it for me. If i were to buy a pair of ram now, and i've considered it, i would definitely get those hz's.

Exactly, they can do whatever they want with their money but I do want to make sure they know that just becuase it has the name "corsair" doesn't mean it's the best performance as the majority of people who don't know much about computers always think....AMD is always the best, Corsair and Kingston are always the best, and Antec make the best PSU's.

On average those are 4 brands I always see come up becuase they USED to be some of the best no matter what. Now there are better for the money...if they understand that they are paying more for slower then go ahead. Yea I'm not bashing you for buying MXS2 before as G.skill used to be very expensive until they cut their prices and now they blow everyone out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom