is it a good choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
im lookign at upgrading my current sig to thee folowing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131568
mother board going sli with this video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150150
would it be beter to go sli with a higher end card then wait to buy a single g80 my guese is il get beter performence with my 2 7900gt then 1 g80 am i correct.

And buy a identical gig of ram and just sell my 512mb so that i can go duel channel. I dont plan upgradign cpu until quad core comes out as i dont think i will need it until then.

if i do all these thigs would i be able to play crysis on descent settings and good fps

another thing if i had 2 7900gt with 24 pixel pipes each would i be able to enable hdr and aa in games as i would have 48 pixel pipes like ati's x1800 and up cards

Unless you have tons o' money to burn, then just get an extra GB of RAM (and have 2GB total in DC).

Getting a second 7900GT and new mobo seems a bit excessive. Again, unless you have a lot of expendable cash, just wait until you can get a G80.

If you're spending that much money on SLI. I suggest you drop the SLI idea and go for the next gen cards, in this case you were looking at the G80. The G80 supports DX10 and the 7900GTs don't. So even though the 7900GTs might outperform a single G80. You won't have the new technologies and effects that the G80 offers, especially in a game like Crysis.

im gettign the mbob used from my buddy and i plan on playing crysis and my build has only scored 3900 in 3d marck 06 wich seems unsatisfying to me but would 2 7900gt be beter then a g80 and ive herd u will still run dx10 on a dx 9card just not to its full potential and when are the g80s coming out

The G80 is releasing, I believe in the 2nd week of Nov. or somewhere during Nov.

"The launch price of the 8800GTX will be $649 while the 8800GTS will initially cost $449-499."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom