Good card for $120 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i said earlier, my rant was with crossfire... or maybe i forgot to mention that...

i dunno how many times my computer would freeze up, and blue screen would lead me to ati drivers!!!!!! blasted crossfire...

as i said earlier, my rant was with crossfire... or maybe i forgot to mention that...

i dunno how many times my computer would freeze up, and blue screen would lead me to ati drivers!!!!!! blasted crossfire...

I knew it was with crossfire. I was simply saying a single card setup most likely wouldn't run into those issues. :)

Drivers are very important to me.

Thats another reason why ive maintained myself on the nvidia side.

System reliability is extremely crucial to me....the only beta software i have is cod5 which will get uninstalled in two days when i get the full game.

^^I haven't noticed any difference in stability between my nvidia system and the two we have running Ati cards. There was that one issue with the 4850 and warhead but it was minor and only with the 8.8 drivers.

Ive had bad experiences with catalyst...dna drivers helped fix that though but
third parties shouldint have to correct ati's mistakes.

omega drivers are awesome!!!! i should have given those a go.. shoot...

imma go check out if there are new nvidia omega drivers when i get home tonite

and omega drivers certainly fixed all the issues with my works ati 9250... they didnt support widescreen until i got them

This is a ridiculous debate. The Nvidiots are winning because they are outnumbering everyone else.

Lets put things into perspective.

1. the 4830 is faster. deal with it. the benchmarks that show otherwise had cards with disabled shaders and everyone knows that.

2. The only 2 games that the 9800gt beat it was Crysis and Oblivion. That's hardly a reason to pick it.

3. It's common knowledge that Nvidia got Crytek to "optimize" Crysis for their cards, so it is an invalid form of benchmarking.

4. G92s are faulty and Nvidia has already said so, after it was found out that they tried to cover it up. You would be nuts to buy a card that is known to be faulty.

5. Very few games use physX. Wiki has a long list, but it also has a disclaimer that states that many PhysX games don't support Nvidia PhysX.

6. And Finally very few people fold, and even fewer gpu fold. You can only use folding as a reason if the person you are consulting has already stated that they fold. When I recommend parts to people if they dont fold then I consider it a non issue. This is an unbiased posture.

I'm sorry but I care to much to let the OP get screwed over. I'm the "bulldog" for a reason.

The whole faulty G92 core thing is not something that would stop me from getting another. I have three G92 based cards and none have any issues..even while overclocked and stressed extremely hard running 24/7. They are not new cards either.

Others here on the forums have G92 based cards....no issues either. Even poizen has his clocked to 800 core....mine are also 150mhz over stock.

Both cards are great cards, but even the op stated himself that his friend doesnt want ati so the 9800GT is the logical choice..plus that one i linked has a nice cooling solution...cant go wrong there.

Even in games where the 4830 comes ahead....its marginal and both cards are still stock.

And many games do support geforce physx...UT3, GRAW 1 & 2, and warmonger are a few that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom