Good card for $120 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their are ati manufactures that offer lifetime warranty too. Physix support will surely make up for buying a slower card. /sarcasm

And overclocking, double lifetime warranty, cooler removal??

i only find physx support being useful if you have a good card... no point in having some vram taken away if ur card is mediocre

nah even low end card do very well with physx.

It doesnt take vram away, it uses some of the shaders to run the physx.

If the 4830's handle aa as well as the 4850's I would consider that enough reason alone to get it over the 9800gt. Who doesn't want to run 8xaa with virtually no decrease in performance

God this argument is going way too far.

What resolution are you trying to play on? It seems the ATi wins in anything up to 1600 res.

They're both good cards that can pretty much max out any game.

lol i forgot to mention something, really sorry but my friend has something against ATi, not really sure so im guessing the 9800GT would be his best bet ?

my experience with the 4800 series (crossfire) was terrible... had to play with bios settings to get good temps.... constant problems with crysis shutting.. bad crysis framerates (though i played a modded high).... my gtx260 gets better fps all across the board than my 4850cf... without any problems.. i hated the vista drivers for ati...

my oc'd gtx260 does as good as a gtx280

SLI Core 216's offer the best/performance. Too bad I don't have the money to pay $600 for an SLI solution. Actually I do, but on Newegg Canada its more like $750+.

but i dont think that^ one is 55nm

Doesnt matter.

65nm with a good cooler like that one it can oc like mad.

I run mine at 660/950/1700 with 50% fan speed and hover around 55C. I can go much higher but no need...just extra power wasted when i can max anything i play.

Even warhead runs pretty good.

lol i forgot to mention something, really sorry but my friend has something against ATi, not really sure so im guessing the 9800GT would be his best bet ?

Yes....the one i posted is a great choice since factory overclocked and has a cooler that is on par with $40-$50 aftermarket coolers.

My brother has HD 4850 and it has been flawless. It runs as cool as my 8800gs did in the same case with the fan at stock and aside from a problem with warhead and catalyst 8.8 the drivers have been fine in vista too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom