Is this a GOOD BUY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemination

Solid State Member
If you can recommend a MOBO thas just as GREAT but CHEAPER than I will consider changing it!

BIOSTAR TForce4U Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard $92

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - $152

Is this pretty good deal or not?

should I change something? I do not wanna spend alot, its already with shipping about $250

I got that motherboard too... I haven't put the PC together yet though since it's for a lab at school. The only problems I've heard are with the ethernet, so I just went ahead and bought a PCI ethernet card just in case.
I've only built with Biostar once before and had no issues, but that was 4 years ago. I hope this will be a pleasant experience as well.

Anyone here actually using this board?

Yeah, what about the Ethernet, If its going to be a problem than I don't wanna buy it, anyone can suggest similiar board (same price or lower) with working Ethernet?

Or, should I just go with this COMBO

EPoX EP-9NPA3ULTRA Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - $75

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2.4GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BPBOX - $110

for a total of $191 with shipping?

which one is better (and future safe for at least next 2 years?)

Some gaming, some video editing etc.

well, the first one you listed is a dual core proccesor. so it should be more "future proof" as you say.

Asus A8N-E
Thats what I use and it works great. I've done lots of overclocking with it. You can get a SLI version for about $20 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom