• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
well beyond that newegg has planted reviews.

Oh look anonymous just said newegg had the best deal and it made his machine sooo much faster and now he's got a big breasted girlfriend and lots of cash....THANKS NEWEGG!!

Dude, you're not kidding. I wrote a review on newegg, oh i forget about what product it was. It was very simply done. Didn't quote any prices or compare one brand to the next, "which you can't do."

Then submitted it. I get an email like 2 weeks later saying that they were rejecting my review because of some dumb reason. It didn't even make sense so i emailed them back as to why? They never responded. It's just plain stupid. I never read the reviews on that site.

I saw a review once, the review was something like this.

"Dude, I just go this PSU and it's uber leet. Now i've got a P4 @ 10.0ghz, 20GIG's of RAM, 5 WD Raptors in RAID 12, my PC is now the fastest best in the world."

It wasn't exactly that, but it was something like that. And there was even some made up product thrown in there somewhere. Any they review these reviews? Right...

dont you want over 35A on the +12V? or am i mistaken
uhhh MAYBE on a SLI rig dude......

Havoc - I put up two reviews, one for the evga 6600GT and one for the 2400+ 35w XP-M CPU....neither of them got published, hell I never even got an e-mail saying why either. I'm wondering if ANY of the review they put up are real.

The only thermaltake PSUs to avoid are the cheaper lower scale ones...hence why they have lower pricetags because they use different capacitators than the other Thermaltake PSUs

Companies like OCZ and Antec use the same capacitators in all of their PSUs therefore they are all high quality and also on the expensive side...Thermaltake uses different capacitators based on what PSU they're using them in, the more expensive PSUs will have the better capacitators used in them and you can use the price of that PSU to judge how good it is

Same with the Ultra X-Connects, the initial supply of those PSUs were indeed good and used better quality parts until they started getting capacitators from cheaper Chinese distributors

Tomshardware was originally the absolute best hardware review site on the web as it was originally run by "Tom" who I believe was some sort of engineering professor...he sold the site to the current and since then it has degraded in content quality

And yeah, dunno where people are pulling these 35amps numbers from...the only one I know for a fact is AMD64s needing 18amps on 12v rail and GeForce6 cards needing 24amps

You don't NEED 35 amps, but its nice to have them :)

For example, I have 36A on my Dual +12v rails, and I got that for $40...Go Forton. Its often an all-Forton show when it comes to PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom