Gonna try to get a faster boot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
When my system boots and I look at the process, it has a total of 64 Processes. I think thats way too much when my system boots thus its booting soo slow.

SO right now im in the msconfig>startup tab and all of them are checked.

Heres a list of all of them.... Can you guys help me decide which one to keep checked? BTW, I have the G15 and G5 Keyboard and Mouse and theres lots of Logitech stuff on the startup....

Startup Item / Manufacturer

Windows Defender / Microsoft
Logitech SetPoint / Logitech
LCD Software / Logitech
G-series Software / Logitech
Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories / Microsoft
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 162.22 / NVIDIA
NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 162.22 / NVIDIA
NVIDIA Media Center Library / NVIDIA
Microsoft Windows Operating System / Microsoft the Command for this one is C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
Microsoft Windows Operating System / Microsoft / Command is C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
Yahoo Messenger / Yahoo
NVIDIA nTune / NVIDIA
Steam / Valve Corporation
WMPNSCFG / Unknown --- Dont know what it is but Command is.. C:\Program Files (x86) Windows Media Player \ WMPNSCFG.exe --- I dont even use Windows Media Player!
Nero Home / Nero AG --- I think i should turn this off.
SMax4PNP Application / Analog Device, Inc --- I think this is for my soundcard thingy
QuickTime / Apple --- I dont use quicktime pfft
iTunes / Apple --- I use iTunes but is it necessary for it to run here?
Adobe Acrobat / Adobe --- Only use adobe to read pdf files
Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U2 / This so i can visit Java Applet sites
Logitech SetPoint / Logitech --- Hmmm another one?

The Logitech SetPoint command for each are different...

One is.... KHALMNPR.EXE
Other one is ... C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe

So which ones should I turn on and off?

Well, I know you can turn off the I tunes, and Quicktime stuff. And turning off the nvida media center probably won't hurt anything either.

click diagnostic startup if you want to run as fast as possible (only runs system critcal procceses, but you'll probably lose sound, plug and play etc.)

just click selective startup and check the SYSTEM.INI and WIN.INI boxes, then go to the services tab and click enable all, then click the little checkbox that says Hide Microsoft Services and then click disable all, click the startup tab and click disable all

everything vital is still on, as is plug and play, sound, drivers, etc.

if you want certain things to still start up, sift through the stuff, most things will have obvious names

LCD Software / Logitech ???????
G-series Software / Logitech
NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 162.22 / NVIDIA
Microsoft Windows Operating System / Microsoft / Command is C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
SMax4PNP Application / Analog Device, Inc ????????
Logitech SetPoint / Logitech ???????

these are the only ones that i see that are really neccessary. and some of them may not be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom