Gonna get the 295 GTX Soon, Got Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscin

Baseband Member
Well im stepping up my 260 gtx to 295 gtx and have a couple of questions about it.

Computer Specs:

Antec 1200
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4 GHz / ACF7
G.Skill PI Black 4 GB @ 4-4-4-12 900 MHz
EVGA 750I FTW
EVGA 260 GTX (216 SP)
WD VelociRaptor 300 GB
OCZ GAMEXSTREAM 700W PSU

1. Would my computer bottleneck my 295 GTX?
2. Should I push my chip further?
3. Will my PSU be able to handle the 295 GTX with no problems?

Thanks feel free to comment.

Thanks for the reply. I Pushed my chip to 4275 MHz @ 1.36 vcore in CPUZ but in BIOS 1.38125. I stress tested with intel burn test 5 runs. Highest the temp got was 90 C, which is alot but it idles 44 C. Prime95 Makes it only hit 69 C.

Should I add more thermal paste? I have the ACF7 with AS5. I had problems before where I didnt have enough paste on. Or maybe my thermal sensors are messed up.

possibly the sensors are not as accurate as you would like. I would personally just re-apply some more paste, it never hurts.

grain of rice worth of thermal paste. The ACF7 isn't really a high-end cooler, its excellent for its price but getting a 4+ghz clock in acceptable temp range is a challenge on air even with a Thermalright true 120 extreme.

Should I spread the paste around the chip or just put the Heatsink on it. I am putting the paste like said on the AS5 Instruction PDF a straight | down the middle of the chip.

grain of rice worth of thermal paste. The ACF7 isn't really a high-end cooler, its excellent for its price but getting a 4+ghz clock in acceptable temp range is a challenge on air even with a Thermalright true 120 extreme.

+1. Buy a new heatsink if your going higher.

Should I spread the paste around the chip or just put the Heatsink on it. I am putting the paste like said on the AS5 Instruction PDF a straight | down the middle of the chip.

Put a grain of rice in the middle and just let the heatsink spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom