going evga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What voltages, fsb speeds, etc. do you use for your Q6600? I have the same board and processor, well mines a plain Asus P5E x38, and I have it at 3.0GHz now on a Xigmatek cooler (idles at 28-35C per core and on a load of 2-F@H clients[50% of total CPU usage] and Crysis running it sits at 52C or lower per core). Shouldn't I be able to get it to atleast 3.4 stable?

Also, I've got the 9800GX2 for this system. The first card was DoA, so once I get the second card up and running I'll tell you all the 3dmark06 score.

it all depends on you VID really, im at 1.42 volts right now. 1.6 for my north brdge and 2.2 for my ram. depending on yoru vid you should be able to push farther then me due to your heat sink.

Do you use the auto voltage adjustments or do all that manually? I have only entered in the multiplyer to x9 and fsb to 333mhz manually to get me the 3GHz. I also haven't messed with my RAM timings or voltages as well as my northbridge. Any suggestions on how to get my cpu at a good stable 3.4GHz? I don't want it to push past that because I still want longevity.

Right now the card I have is a 9600GT but I will be upgrading that once the new (working) card arrives. I have 4(2x2GB) 1066 OCZ Reaper memory.

I had it at 3.4GHz once and it had a random BSOD when I was trying to access my external hard drive. Not sure if that was related to the CPU overclock and voltages or not.

u will have longevity as long as you dont go above 71c, voltage doesnt matter they recomend 1.55 but if your under 71c load, then the no matter what ur voltage is it cant damage it because the voltage is what damages the chip once it gets above 71c, same goes for if your under 1.55 and your above 71c. i recomend pushing as far as you can get stable. i set all my voltages manually. your bsod probably ocured because of auto voltage, as i have an external and access it all the time and i never get a problem.

Can you give me some good voltage reccomendations and for the different parts?

CPU, RAM, Northbridge, etc. Or point me to a good instruction for this motherboard/cpu combo or just the cpu perhaps.

when pushing past 400fsb i fel safer at 1.6 north bridge maybe even 1.55 for your cpu try to go as high as you can at 1.44 run 3d mark if you crach at the cpu test increase yoru voltage a litle, until you reach laod temps of above 71c. for your ram depending o nthe ram you should be running at 2.2v. i would try booting 400fsb, at 1.48 volts, and with cpu vdrop you end up around 1.42 1.38 for your cpu, if its not safe try 1.52 whichl bring you down to just about 1.45 1.48. post back with results, also have your ram at a 1to 1 ration with your fsb, and set your timmings at 4-4-4-12. once yoru over clock is stable, then push your ram to a higher mhz.

all his and yours will be different, yall have different boards, the vid on your cpu will be different prolly. just use what the factory recommended for ram

also for op nice choice with evga. you might be able to do the 90 day up if the 9900 come out in time

well it also gives me enough cash to order crysis lol. im very exited about getting this card but am dissapointed its not xfx, i <3 xfx so much i actually feel bad for wanting to get this lol, im such a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom