Going Crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Okay people, i'm looking for a nice cheap solution to going crossfire without having to spend loads to do so. (well i know buying the 2nd graphics card is a load :mad: ). Anyway.. just wonder if this msi board is good.. seems like an equivalent that my friend has with sli.. and its a very good board with a button to reset cmos... WHICH IS AWESOME.....

thinking of getting a opteron 165 or x2 4400 + along with it.. and giving my dad my motherboard and cpu now along with 512 of value ram... this is more of an upgrading to get my dad out of my room thing.. and cuz i don't wanna go conroe just yet..... and i already have everything he needs for his compy.. besides mobo cpu and ram (which is what i'm giving)

so just opinions on motherboard please.. nothing on how stupid i am alright? my money.. my dumb ways :p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130038

no i'm in no way interested in am2.. i want to keep my ddr500 ram... and i don't care much for usb.. the only usb thing i have is a mouse.. and my xbox controller which i hardly use.. and based on what the compaq xpress 200 chipset has done... it is in no way bad to me..

msi has proven reliable to me twice now.. so i have alot of trust in that board.. i will consider boith the xpress 200 and 3200 chipsets though... thanks

i was look at that ecs board but i've never heard of the company before.... thats the one i was considering besides the msi board.... the ecs falls in the middle in price.. so that may be a winner... i will see when the time comes

THe ESC i showed u is AM2, so since u have some nice ram (wish i had DDR 500), you'll want to stick with s939. For the Xpress 3200 chipset i've heard excelent stuff. I was goin to go with s939 and CF but decided that DX10 is near so i nvr did it and the DFI was too expensive for me but i did my research. The Sapphire boards tend to OC horribly (if u want to OC) but at stock they run pretty well, although some ppl "say" that the ASUS runs better at stock than the sapphire with same equipment. The DFI is supposed to be an awsome board, one the best. I also like MSI though, wish they had a Xpress 3200 chipset out, although they are comin out with one for AM2. Abit is a good company too if you wanted that. But all in all, its ur decision and if u dont mind the USB problems then i think u'd be better off with the xpress 200. Try and do a google search on it or something. I think the only problems i've heard was the SB havin USB driver problems. And if u cant get it to work u could always get a USB to PS/2 adapter.

well thanks for the information.. ya, i the abit equivalent sli board and i love it.. and i know how to oc perfectly with it.. i was considering the abit board because it was so alike and would be easy for me to navigate... and thanks again for all the suggestions.. i'm stuck with 2 decisions here now.. between getting my mobo or getting my m4 airsoft gun :angry:

what kind of M4? :D

unless u have a good place to play and a good deal of people to play with i'd get the computer. but i guess thats just me. i have a tokyo marui AK-47 and its pretty sweet...

bah.. i can't remember what kind of m4, it was some custom tokyo marui... the guy sold me a really shitty ak47 that only shoots like 100 fps so he said he'd sell me this m4 for only 120 bucks.. i got to shoot it and its awesome

well i have a hollywood sports 1 mile away where people play airsoft all the time.. and so far 3 of my friends have guns... 1 has a tokyo marui mp5, another tokyo marui steyr aug.. and the other a classic army m4.. we're slowly getting our little group started

i've got plenty of airsoft parks around to play with :p

thats sweet dude. unfortunately my ak is broken right now but when i get it fixed im gettin an FPS upgrade! hopefully around 350 FPS (stock is like 280)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom