Going to buy a sound card today but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt12

Baseband Member
Wondering if it will make a diffrence, you see I am wondering what type of sound card I can get that will make a nice improvement for really cheap, on this I just need about 3 diffrent cheap sound cards you recommend for gaming and movies, nothing expensive though.

Also I am wondering if a sound card would give a improvement over my motherboard sound, I know they generally do no matter how cheap but would a cheap sound card be better then my Asus 32 sli deluxe MoBo? I am planning on going out today at my local bestbuy to buy one, so I would appreciate the info anytime soon, thanks :D .

Unless you are going to go on the expensive side, Your mobo sound is actually quite good. if your not into the tweaks and every little detail of sound manipulation then I would save your money and stick with on board.

The problem is the sound is fuzzy and there are some sound problems, I was told the best way to fix this is get a sound card, so that is the reason I am asking.

Buy from newegg and save yourself a lot of cash. BestBuy's prices are really inflated.

If you want something cheap then look into sound cards made by philips, might have two L's in that name. Or just go with the tried and true Sound Blaster cards. They have some fairly cheap series in their line as well.

Yeah bought a sound blaster Audigy SE just today for $34.99. After installing it and running the software then testing it out I couldnt be happier, I have noticed a nifty improvement and......NO MORE STATIC NOISE! :D

any board with an nforce chipset has sound that's about the same as a Sound Blaster Live! but nothing competes with the real thing. An Audigy SE for $35 is a great upgrade for anyone's sound quality and since it handles some of the processing itself, it frees up cpu cycles and can give you slightly better performance in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom