Going to buy 19" widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
just got my tax rebate of £130 and i think its about time i get a new monitor. i currently have a 15" dell tft lol. i was thinking specifically about a 19" widescreen for that amount of money. what should i look for in terms of reponce time and contract ratio, and what other important factors are there? here are some monitors ive hunted out:

Cibox 19 Inch Widescreen TFT Monitor - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Hannspree XM New York 19" TFT Monitor widescreen 1440x900 700:1 300cd/m2 5ms DVI Speakers Black 3 Years Warranty

Philips 190WV7CS 19" TFT Widescreen Monitor 1440x900 300cd/m2 850:1 5ms

None of them mate!

Get a Samsung there the best screens on the market.

Heres one on Ebuyer i picked out Samsung SM920NW 19" Widescreen TFT 700:1 1440x900 300cd/m2 5ms

Samsung, 5ms response time, £117= bargain worth every penny ;)

Ive had a samsung 940bw 19" widescreen for about a month now and its great, really crisp bright picture, it has adjustable height (up and down) also something i find very handy it has a button where you can change into different modes so right now im on "internet" mode, which is alot dimmer, just saves your eyes from straining really, dont need a bright screen for reading txt etc, then when i go on my games hit " game" mode and it goes nice and bright, awesome screen, id buy another Samsung tomorrow if i had to

None of them mate!

Get a Samsung there the best screens on the market.

Heres one on Ebuyer i picked out Samsung SM920NW 19" Widescreen TFT 700:1 1440x900 300cd/m2 5ms

Samsung, 5ms response time, £117= bargain worth every penny ;)

Ive had a samsung 940bw 19" widescreen for about a month now and its great, really crisp bright picture, it has adjustable height (up and down) also something i find very handy it has a button where you can change into different modes so right now im on "internet" mode, which is alot dimmer, just saves your eyes from straining really, dont need a bright screen for reading txt etc, then when i go on my games hit " game" mode and it goes nice and bright, awesome screen, id buy another Samsung tomorrow if i had to

but its only £10 cheaper than the others...

the philips one has 850:0 ratio.

plus its not uncommon for monitors to be able to swivel, raise and lower :)

wow that is a darned good deal

Actually it really is isnt it, especially being Samsung there screens are normally the most expensive ones, i dont know whether its a mistake or what but id buy it quickly before they change there mind and put it up to £150! i forget how much i paid but im sure it was more than that

but its only £10 cheaper than the others...

the philips one has 850:0 ratio.

plus its not uncommon for monitors to be able to swivel, raise and lower :)
£10 cheaper AND(more importantly) a much better make

The other specs you wont even notice trust me, id rather a big/popular brand than slightly higher ratio.

Also i think you will find there are still screens out there that cant adjust for height.

you cant go wrong with the Samsung, its like buying BMW, you get it and you know its not going to break and be reliable, philips on the other hand? obviously a big brand but i dont know anyone with a philips screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom