Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
ShaolinDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 457
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeVel View Post
Well, unless you plan on needing to burn 3 DVD's at once, you won't need that many. You should however probably have 2. That way you can copy from one and directly burn to the other.

Get the 750i motherboard. The issues with video corruption like Fayt mentioned, do not affect the 750i and it will provide a great motherboard for your needs. 2 graphics cards, particularly the 9600GT in SLI would be a very nice complement to that board and build.

sorry dude but thats a load of rubbish

750i does have video corruption whether its an Asus, Evga, MSI... how do i know? i got one. It affect all models over the Nforce 7 series 750i 780i 790i. It doesnt affect everyone with this model but there is a huge group of victims with all the models.

Just look for the longest thread on EVGA forum.

Nvidia said theres a fix coming pretty soon but its 3 months of silence. All i can suggest is AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! get a X38, X48 or P45 motherboard instead.
__________________

__________________
Gaming Rig
Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3Ghz -Upgrade- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 25C/35C
Asus P5N-D Nforce 750i 1333FSB
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz -Upgrade- Crucial Ballistix Tracer RED 2x2GB 800Mhz
2x SataII, 2x IDE Total = 1.1Tb
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb 'Crysis Edition' @ 750/1900/2000
Onboard Realtek 8.1 Sound Jazzy!
Hiper Type-R 580w -Upgrade- Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W
Modded iCute -Upgrade- Antec 900
19" Iiyama CRT -NEXT Upgrade!- Samsung SM-T260HD 26" w/ Digital TV Tuner / Samsung SM-T240 24"

3DMark06 Score- 13k :)
ShaolinDreams is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
NightSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,217
Send a message via AIM to NightSurge
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Seriously, stop being so negative! It only affects a rare few, which mostly are the 780i. Most issues are because of incompetent users that end up damaging their own systems when trying to overclock.

It by all means does not affect all the boards and in actuality it only affects a small percentage. Even if there were ten thousand different people complaining on the EVGA forum, that's only 10,000 out of a million boards sold. I'm no math genius but that's only 1%. That's perfectly normal for defect rates of a new product. Don't scare everyone away because of something like this, because it is quite normal for these things to happen with computer parts and it still doesn't make all of the boards faulty.

Plus they are covered by warranty, correct?
__________________

__________________

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

NightSurge is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Also x38, x48 p35/45 boards do not have support for sli...

Does it suck? Yeah but get over it and rma the **** board.
__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
1. Why are you skimping on the case?

2. Get MX-2 or TX-2 Thermal Paste

3. What cpu?

4. What cpu heatsink?

5. Why do you need a fax modem?

6. Get the 9600gt's

7. Wheres the power supply?
1.what do you mean when you say skimping on the case? Would you reccomend a different case? If so, link me

2.Once again, can you link me?

3. C2Q G6700

4.ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120. Is this a good one?

5.Don't really need it but just incase.

6.Why should i get this one over the 9800GTX? Betteroverclocking or just better overall?

7.I'm getting the Corsair 750TX PSU
hitmanj is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

anyone?
hitmanj is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

this was a double post as the same above. sorry about that. my computer is being gay and was going slow so i clicked post again and it double posted. i would have deleted it but theres no way 2
hitmanj is offline  
Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

aspire.comptech?
hitmanj is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

can someone please help? i need to know this information so i can order my parts.
hitmanj is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
ShaolinDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 457
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeVel View Post
Seriously, stop being so negative! It only affects a rare few, which mostly are the 780i. Most issues are because of incompetent users that end up damaging their own systems when trying to overclock.

It by all means does not affect all the boards and in actuality it only affects a small percentage. Even if there were ten thousand different people complaining on the EVGA forum, that's only 10,000 out of a million boards sold. I'm no math genius but that's only 1%. That's perfectly normal for defect rates of a new product. Don't scare everyone away because of something like this, because it is quite normal for these things to happen with computer parts and it still doesn't make all of the boards faulty.

Plus they are covered by warranty, correct?
Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Also x38, x48 p35/45 boards do not have support for sli...

Does it suck? Yeah but get over it and rma the **** board.
You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it.
__________________
Gaming Rig
Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3Ghz -Upgrade- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 25C/35C
Asus P5N-D Nforce 750i 1333FSB
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz -Upgrade- Crucial Ballistix Tracer RED 2x2GB 800Mhz
2x SataII, 2x IDE Total = 1.1Tb
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb 'Crysis Edition' @ 750/1900/2000
Onboard Realtek 8.1 Sound Jazzy!
Hiper Type-R 580w -Upgrade- Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W
Modded iCute -Upgrade- Antec 900
19" Iiyama CRT -NEXT Upgrade!- Samsung SM-T260HD 26" w/ Digital TV Tuner / Samsung SM-T240 24"

3DMark06 Score- 13k :)
ShaolinDreams is offline  
Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 97
Default Re: Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDreams View Post
Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.



You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it.
so basically, i shouldnt get this board:

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if that is right, which board do you reccomend that fits with all my other pc parts and is future-proof and has really good OC'ing capabilities?
__________________

hitmanj is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Building Help FATAL FLAW System Upgrades 11 03-20-2008 04:00 PM
building computer need help zuperduper New Systems | Building and Buying 5 11-12-2007 12:42 AM
Building a Budget Computer bartb New Systems | Building and Buying 11 10-12-2007 06:23 AM
Building Media Computer - Need Advice bigbaddog Computer Audio and Multimedia 5 04-12-2007 11:20 PM
A Computer Building Guide.....by Elbatrop1 Elbatrop1 System Upgrades 31 04-07-2007 08:26 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.