Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres always new tech coming, you've got to jump onboard at some point otherwise all your ever going to do is play a waiting game.

I didn't lose my temper in that post btw, I'm just saying, yeah, it sucks that a part isn't working properly, but rma it and move on.

Also I don't think I've seen you recommend any other parts to the op instead of whats already been recommended. Instead of ranting about what a terrible board it is, maybe you should spend that time helping the guy.

cool then. rma could just lead me with another motherboard with the same problem. One guy on that forum rma'd 3 motherboards! i have no stomach to go thru that. Nvidia having been playing silly buggers and its been a good while now but hopefully there will be a fix. If i send back its for a refund cos there aint a fix. Year 2008 Video experience has been a fat 0 rating but gaming 10 out of 10, overclocking 7/10.

Im not ranting im informing of the serious problem with some of these boards. thats help aint it. didnt i say X38 X48 P35 as alternatives? if he didnt want to run the risk of getting a dud. You try watching a vid then your screen goes rainbow and you pc locks up. its fun. if he really enjoys video/movies/youtube/streaming vid this could be a potential big headache. relax get a beer dude

so basically, i shouldnt get this board:

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if that is right, which board do you reccomend that fits with all my other pc parts and is future-proof and has really good OC'ing capabilities?

Im saying dont buy that board till the fix is out (new bios) and its confirmed to solved the video corruption bug. Appart from that fault its a great mobo for playing games and such. Intel boards are known to be little more stable and OC better.. you just got to know whether you really want sli with 2cards.

Personally if i was spending 790i money id get a Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48.

If i was spending 750i money id go for the the Asus/Gigabyte P45.

(thats if Nvidia dont fix it)

you was saying that old chesnut about new tech always coming out.. well yeh but not a true upgrade, a worthy component... 280 GTX thats 280 "improved" stream processors working a 512bit bus. Thats gonna pack a punch and that aint even the GX2 version, will you need sli with that?... Even ATi's new series looks promising. Well just have to wait and see. ;)

Dude what do you mean stop being so negative. Video corruption is a serious issue! Im not going to give a glowing recommendation to something thats has a problem, how illogical of me. Have you got a source for your figures or you just making it up? So what are you saying to the guy.. "buy something that might not work properly?" Im passing my experience on to others.. this is my experience with this motherboard along with 1000's of others experience too. Personally i dont like to run the gaunlet when purchasing a product. Will it be a good one or a bad one. If i knew before hand i would of never bought this board! Stick to something realiable. Until theres a solid fix this is what im gonna say about this motherboard, if you dont like it tough.

You quite perspective arent you. GX2 is the simple answer or even one 280 GTX will be enough. New Tech on the way not worth getting sli right now. Btw mate lose the attitude you wont get anywhere in life with it. :)

dude everything has problems not just NVIDIA or eVGA

so basically, i shouldnt get this board:

Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if that is right, which board do you reccomend that fits with all my other pc parts and is future-proof and has really good OC'ing capabilities?

no DDR3 is not worth it. DDR2 is better and that board is too expensive for a 65nm Q6600. maybe a Q9450 if ur going to use that board

i agree with aspire recommendations

then what board are u gonna recommend if someone wants SLI

if hes wants sli right now a cheap Nforce 6 motherboard or if he can wait abit to make sure the Nforce 7 bug is fixed.

But my recommendation is probably not to go sli. wait for the 280 GTX graphics card, but if your desperate for sli performance do it with 1 card 280 GX2. X48 & P45 are the last motherboards of this generation of cpu so i think its not worth buying "2" graphics cards at the present moment. Sli is like DDR3 not really worth the extra money and youll be lumbered with 2 cards when youll be thinking of upgrading again. Youll be paying for performance for a few months before your cards devalue like he11.. All i suggest is get a decent motherboard with PCI-E 2.0 graphics slot and you can overclock the cpu like a mofo. eg.. P45, Q6600, 280 GTX.

Just a suggestion.. :p

Theres also a 750i FTW no bug there for SLI if he really wants it (but I really don't like it)

if hes wants sli right now a cheap Nforce 6 motherboard or if he can wait abit to make sure the Nforce 7 bug is fixed.

But my recommendation is probably not to go sli. wait for the 280 GTX graphics card, but if your desperate for sli performance do it with 1 card 280 GX2. X48 & P45 are the last motherboards of this generation of cpu so i think its not worth buying "2" graphics cards at the present moment. Sli is like DDR3 not really worth the extra money and youll be lumbered with 2 cards when youll be thinking of upgrading again. Youll be paying for performance for a few months before your cards devalue like he11.. All i suggest is get a decent motherboard with PCI-E 2.0 graphics slot and you can overclock the cpu like a mofo. eg.. P45, Q6600, 280 GTX.

i can't find a P45 motherboard anywhere on newegg. all i found were a bunch of P35. can you link me 2 one or the one you suggest?

There are several flaws in your plan.

1. Do were even know how much the 280GTX is going to cost.

2. Will it provide a significant improvement over current generation cards factoring it's likely higher cost.

3. What does the cpu socket have to do with the PCI-E bus? PCI-E is going to be around for quite a few more years. Consider that AGP has been around for more than 10 years and it's only been relatively recently that companies how stopped making cards for it.

4. If he did want to go sli getting two 9600gt's cannot be beat in terms of price and performance. Also because they are so cheap now (about 130 each) they won't devalue that much. It's when you buy into a new generation right when they come out that you lose a lot of value very quickly.

5. The 280GTX and the P45 motherboard are both not available and price is still unknown, I resent people who recommend parts when so much is still up in the air about them.

There are several flaws in your plan.

1. Do were even know how much the 280GTX is going to cost.

2. Will it provide a significant improvement over current generation cards factoring it's likely higher cost.

3. What does the cpu socket have to do with the PCI-E bus? PCI-E is going to be around for quite a few more years. Consider that AGP has been around for more than 10 years and it's only been relatively recently that companies how stopped making cards for it.

4. If he did want to go sli getting two 9600gt's cannot be beat in terms of price and performance. Also because they are so cheap now (about 130 each) they won't devalue that much. It's when you buy into a new generation right when they come out that you lose a lot of value very quickly.

5. The 280GTX and the P45 motherboard are both not available and price is still unknown, I resent people who recommend parts when so much is still up in the air about them.

i see how you said something about the 9600gt's. will these Newegg.com - XFX PVT96GYDSU GeForce 9600 GT XXX Alpha Dog Eddition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards work with this Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom