Go with the Sli Tech. or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizner07

Baseband Member
I am building my very first computer. I have decided to to with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 2.2 Ghz for my processor. Now i am trying to figure out if i should go with the sli tech. or not. I am looking to spend around 200 dollars. This will also help me determine what motherboard i will choice.

I have a SLi board only because the board I wanted came with it. I do not use SLi technology (I only have one video card) and feel like I would never use it. If you can find a board that you are happy with and all your componets will working that doesnt not have SLi then buy it. In other words, SLi should not be a determining factor in your MoBo choice.

Edit: L2Spell

for the benchmarker like me.. i love sli and crossfire... lol, i do think its a waste of money though... but when i single card can't handle a game.... obviously a dual should...

and sli isnt a complete waste of money... if you have 1 7900gs... great card.. in the future it starts dying, you could just slap in a 2nd one and it'll fix your problems

1620770302.jpg

Yes Indeed I have.

Glad to jump aboard. :D

No i am talking about the video card and when i figure out what video card i want i will Get the motherboard i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom