Giving ram more voltage

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
I was having an issue with the computer freezing and making a buzzing noise. I have DDR3 1300mhz 16gbs 4 sticks of ram. I was wondering how to increase the voltage because a person on the forum said it should help it. What should I increase and by how much? I'm confused in the BIOS, there is two things that are labeled weird that I have no idea what they are. Can someone explain to a hardware noob? I'd love to learn a bit more.

CPU PLL Voltage control
DRAM voltage Control
DDR VTT Voltage Control
NB Voltage Control
HT Link Voltage Control
NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control
CPU NB VID Control
CPU Voltage Control

What do all of these do? Because it seems alittle confusing the way it's labeled :( CPU NB says it's at normal and NB says 1.100v

Last edited:
PLL helps with internal clock distribution of voltage. Don't adjust.
DRAM is simply RAM voltage and should be no further than 1.65v for standard systems.
DDR VTT is current flow. Stabilizes further. Again, shouldn't need to mess with this.
NB voltage is north bridge voltage. Sometimes stabilizes system at very high RAM speeds.
NB/pci-e/pll is pretty much I/O voltage or peripheral voltage. Shouldn't mess with this.
CPU NB is IMC and HT voltages. Stabilizes the IMC with high flow or high amounts of data, for instance 4 sticks of RAM.
CPU voltage is core voltage.

Thank you for explaining everything because I'm trying to learn this stuff. How much should I increase it by? Like .1? .2? 123?

Pretty sure it wasn't good but the computer wont even start now >.> I can hear it start but there is nothing popping up on my monitors and it basically sounds like its powering up over and over

How do I get it to boot again :(

I pulled out the motherboard battery and pulled out the plug. I have no idea what happened.

Last edited:
i don't think i would recommend overclocking ram to people who really don't know what overclocking is in general.

i hope your computer is ok.

Lol, I am on it now. I had to reset the battery on the F****** computer. it's working now. BUT I know that i'm never doing that again. I gave you thanks cause you tried to help meh :p. I'll just get over the fact it's occasionally freezing :(

Back
Top Bottom