Give me the Conroe 411

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
I've tried looking it up on google but figured it'd be quicker to ask people who already know.

1. When's it going to be released?
2. Is it single or dual core?
3. How much do you think it'll cost?
4. Is it so much better than what AMD has right now that it's worth waiting for?

not even close to $1000 dollars, the most expensive one that has been anounsed (its a week end) is only about $530 but i don't know how much the quads will be!

Haven't heard of the woodcrest one. What is it and when's it due out? I'm guessing it's going to be a while so I'll probably either end up getting a high end AMD dual core or the Conroe (if I can wait that long :p).

The extreme edition one will be clocked at 3.3ghz and it will cost over $1000. Do some searching. Man, if a 2.6ghz conroe beats an fx60 @ 2.8ghz so badly, imagine 3.3ghz. ownage can not describe how wicked fast that will be.

the woodcrest is the next gen core like the conroe but not for desktops it's for servers. But has that stopped anyone from using the Opterons?

Yeah the conroe sounds sick. Is the woodcrest coming out the same time? And have they tested its performance yet?

Tyler1989 said:
the woodcrest is the next gen core like the conroe but not for desktops it's for servers. But has that stopped anyone from using the Opterons?

People only started using Opterons when they became avaliable in the mainstream Socket, 939. Athlon 64s already dominated the market and the Opterons fit in nicely. How many people do you see with Socket 940 Opterons or Opteron 200s? FYI - Opteron 200s are capable of 4 threads already (2 x Dual Cores) so its nothing new.

I guarantee you, people will not get a Woodcrest for gaming. However, Quad-Core desktop processors are slated for later, perhaps 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom