gigabyte x58 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFeetZ

Baseband Member
Im looking into getting a new x58 mobo and have down to either the MSI X58 Platinum SLI, ASUS P6T or the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P.

I'm really digging the giga board but have one concern: The giga boards do not come with an e-sata port but, do come with a rear panel bracket for two e-sata to be connected to one the on board sata ports.

if I go with the Giga, is the e-sata bracket "hot swap" Ive got an external sata hd with a separate power source and don't know if I need to power down to connect and reconnect. Im pretty sure you can but I dont know for sure.

Also, I'd like to hear opinions between the boards listed above. I've got it down to these three based on price and SLI ability. I should say that the reason why Ive got the MSI on the short list is the extra separation between the pcix16 slots.

thanks for your input.

Go with the P6T.
Only because around here its $60 cheaper than the Gigabyte and just as good.

I have the UD5 and I love it...I know it's a different model gigabyte then you want..but it's still in the same family.

but it's your choise..all the boards listed are really good. Just pick the one that can provide all you need the easiest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom