Gigabyte P35-DS3R problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Gigabyte P35-DS3R problem

I can't get access to my ISP through the ethernet port. It just doesn't seem to be seeing my modem at all. I am using the USB option on my DSL modem to get internet access.

Is there any good way to test and see if that part of the motherboard is bad. Everything else seems to be working fine so far. I know this is a real general question. I'm not sure what other details may be important. Let me know if anything else would be helpful.

I've tried switching all the cords out (phone and ethernet). It seems to work fine on my other computer as well. I tried using my ISPs install disk to and it can't find the modem when hooked up. I went into the BIOS as well and tried to get it to find a LAN connecter but it just sticks trying to search for it.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
lolwut?

Default Re: Gigabyte P35-DS3R problem

did you install the ethernet drivers from the cd? if not, and you dont have the cd, see if you can borrow someones computer and go to gigabytes website and dl them. i just got mine too and im having a problem, but mine is with onboard audio! gah, hope you get it fixed,
tainted

Old 09-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have reinstalled the drivers for it 3 times that doesn't seem to be the problem. I wish my problem was just the audio I'm not using the onboard audio anyways. I am so excited to have it up and running I hate to take it back apart and RMA the motherboard. Well thank you anyways.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

um.. is it green at the back of the port.. if it's not.. .RMA it.... if it is.. then check ur internet connection
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 09-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Reboot your modem. I had the same problem, i couldnt connect until i rebooted it.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
lolwut?

i guess try doing a whole windows reformat. My friend had that problem, not on this board, but on his he had to reinstall windows adn then it worked.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheeppOSU View Post
I have reinstalled the drivers for it 3 times that doesn't seem to be the problem. I wish my problem was just the audio I'm not using the onboard audio anyways. I am so excited to have it up and running I hate to take it back apart and RMA the motherboard. Well thank you anyways.
I really doubt the motherboard is defective, I didn't even have to install anything. All I did was put the ethernet cord into the plug, reset my cable mode and router and it worked fine.
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ISP came out today and he plugged his laptop up and it worked. He was here 1 minute said it wasn't there problem and left =) I have my old comp in a hundred pieces cleaning it so I will try that after its back together.

I can plug it in through the USB and it works fine though so I will just keep it like this. I guess it doesn't matter if its hooked up through USB or ethernet port performance wise?

I have a ton of the old PCI ethernet cards i guess I could try that and see. I just have had internet withdrawls the last few days so I haven't wanted to take the computer back down yet. Anyways thanks for the advice everyone. If anyone knows of a better way to test it let me know.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheeppOSU View Post
ISP came out today and he plugged his laptop up and it worked. He was here 1 minute said it wasn't there problem and left =) I have my old comp in a hundred pieces cleaning it so I will try that after its back together.

I can plug it in through the USB and it works fine though so I will just keep it like this. I guess it doesn't matter if its hooked up through USB or ethernet port performance wise?

I have a ton of the old PCI ethernet cards i guess I could try that and see. I just have had internet withdrawls the last few days so I haven't wanted to take the computer back down yet. Anyways thanks for the advice everyone. If anyone knows of a better way to test it let me know.
Ethernets better then USB and USB can sometimes be dropped ( from what I hear from charter )

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Closed Thread