GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R - Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
This board allows for use of DDR2 and DDR3 RAM. Can you use both at the same time? If I buy this board now along with DDR2 RAM, will I have the option of adding DDR3 RAM or will I have to remove the DDR2 RAM to do this?

Thanks. That makes it not practical to buy that monitor with the idea that you are going to upgrade your CPU or your RAM. What do you do? Toss the RAM and CPU you buy today in 6 months? Is this practical?

No unless you spend less than 150 dollars total on cpu+ram, anyway ddr3 is not even close to worth buying right now and when the new intel's come out, they will be rediculously priced, get your stuff now. And no question is dumb unless you ask a question to geek squad to learn.

I did not purchase it. I was thinking it might be worth an extra $30 to have the flexibility, but I think I will get the $129 version that everyone here recommends. As I keep researching everything, I finally end up deciding that the recomendations on this board are right on the money. Now, if I can talk myself out the the Raptor RAID.

I did not purchase it. I was thinking it might be worth an extra $30 to have the flexibility, but I think I will get the $129 version that everyone here recommends. As I keep researching everything, I finally end up deciding that the recomendations on this board are right on the money. Now, if I can talk myself out the the Raptor RAID.

Well you know its not good (i assume) since you're trying to talk yourself out of it, raptors themselves are not worth it, that's a fact, raid is not worth it imo, combining the two will make your files load faster, give you a faster boot, but wont increase performance. Spend the money elsewhere on ure gpu, cpu, you'll be glad you did.

I build a system with GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R today...incredible amount of force needed to lock in the cpu, heatsink, and ram...my thumbs still hurt 6 hours later. However, performance wise...very nice...for now.

Well, faster boot times and quicker load times sound like a performance increase to me. But for the average gaming computer Raptors and RAID 0 just aren't practical...

but RAID one is great for keeping a easy backup of EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom