Gigabyte GA EP35 DS3L questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpenny

Beta member
Hi there guys i am new to the forum and thought you might be able to give me some advice.

My system that i ordered about 2 hours ago is

GA EP35 DS3L motherboard

Intel E8400 Processor

OCZ 2x 1024 Gold gamer memory ddr2 6400 800mhz ( OCZ2G800R22GK ) thats ocz product code.

OCZ 500W PSU

Seagate 500GB HDD with 32 meg cache

Nvidia 8600GT 256 GPU

The Question i am asking is regarding the memory and the mobo.

I have been reading that OCZ memory reuires you to run the voltage at 2.1v for the memory to work. Does anyone have this combination of hardware.
If not does anyone have the motherboard that could tell me if its possible to change the voltage in the bios settings when you start it up.

Hope someone can help.

nice name, lol
but anyways... you don't need to set the memory voltage for the ram unless you want to change it... I don't see an issue with 2.1v

Hi thanks for the quick reply, but i have been reading that there is issues with ocz memory going onto mobo's because you have to increase the voltage. but they don't tell you this.

Guess you'll have to wait for someone with mroe experience to respond, because i've never heard of such situation.

the RAM most likely has SPD so it'll loosen the timings if its not getting enough voltage. If you're putting this one together yourself, there will be an option to change the timings, as well as voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom