Ghosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Well I've just got a LG L1717S 17" LCD monitor.
I've had a few discussions with people about this whole ghosting business and that a monitor will "ghost" if it has a response time greater than 8ms.

My new LCD has a response time of 12ms and I've tested in on games like Counter-strike, BF2, Black Hawk Down and have experienced no ghosting what so ever!

Does anyone have a particular game which will definetly bring out ghosting??? Probably a really fast fps game, I thought Counterstrike would do it, but no such luck there :p

Thanks.

It probably isn't ghosting because your comp isn't putting anything that incredible to look at in the first place.

I was going to recommend doom3 with all the effects on but your card won't put it out.

12ms is good though.

You really see ghosting when you get to 16ms or higher. 12ms is alright. You are probably hearing these anti-LCD statements about ghosting from uber gamers who are so picky they have to have consistantly 100fps+ with 4x AA and 8x AF. BTW, try out Battlefield 2...i believe it is one of the games that will really bring out ghosting if your LCD is going to have that problem. But honestly, i dont believe it will.

Yah alright,
I ran BF2, and it was alright, experienced no ghosting what so ever... But seriously geese I love LCD's compared to CRT's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom