Ghetto gaming challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the powerstream is the obvious choice over the X-Connect...I believe that DFI specifically recommends the powerstream 520w as the ideal choice for use with lanparty nf4 boards but either way it's still a really good PSU

The ability to modify the rails...I haven't really found a use for this yet nor do I really consider it safe unless you really know what you're doing...I personally just see it as a random extra feature that I never use although I presume it could come in handy muchlike overvolting a 50z or undervolting a delta

G.Skill is nonexistant in canada, you won't find that stuff up here unless you're going through a 3rd party seller

I was wondering why none of the Canadian E-retailers didn't have any, but I have a friend in NYC that will take delivery and re-ship for me.

=SW=

Ok first off I just want to say thanks to everyone that put their $.02 into this build. I found all of your posts very informative...well, except mine ;)

After alot of reading posts and reviews and pulling my hair out, this is what I ordered.

CPU - AMD® Opteron™ Dual Core 165 (Socket 939) [CDBOX] E6
Revision Retail Box w/ Heatsink and Fan

CPU cooler - Salman 9500 LED

Mobo - DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

RAM - OCZ 2Gb PC4000 DDR EL Dual Channel Platinum Enhanced
Bandwith Edition

GPU - EVGA E-GEFORCE 7800GT CO 470MHZ PCI-E 256MB 256BIT
GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV VIVO SLI Ready Video Card

PSU - OCZ OCZ52012U-520W Modstream Power Supply PCI-E
Ready W/ Ezmod Cable System & Blue LED Fan

Well besides the HD's and case I'm pretty much done. The HD's will prolly be around 200G w/16mb cache

Again, thanks for all the help. It was very much appreciated :D

So how did we do ?

=SW=

003 i took your advice and found some nice 250Gb / 7200 / 16mb
HD's. They are both SATA II. You mentioned that the Lan Ut-D was SATAII compliant. Is there anything special I'm going to have to do, or will it be business as usual ?

=SW=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom