Ghetto gaming challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well this might fine tune the RAM issue a little.

I found this eVGA 7800GT / Mobo combo for a descent price

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16671

The eVGA web site mentions that the OCZ plat series doesn't work with the board. Not too sure about the G skill Ram but I've also heard mixed feelings about G Skill, which I hope is wrong because thats a great deal and tight timings on 1Gb sticks

=SW=

The eVGA nf4 board they give away with cards is a really bad board...you won't get any decent overclocking done with it which is why OCZ specifies not to use it and I assume G.Skill is the same

You want the MSI Neo4 or the DFI nf4-D if you the money for it if you want a good overclocking experience

Ok I found a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D for a better price than the DFI LANParty UT NF4-D.... from what I can tell there isn't a difference and I'm ok to go with the Ultra....right ?

Oh and I ordered the GPU tonight ..... Getting the eVGA 7800GT OC

http://search.ncix.com/search.php?q...CO+470MHZ+&search=Search&pricerange=&s=0&im=1

Now it's just a matter of the RAM.... thinking the G Skill 1Gb x2..... good rep...haven't heard of any problems and the numbers are tight.

Any comments or suggestions about the RAM ? Am I correct about the Mobo ?

...this ghetto build, somehow is no longer quite so ghetto :/ but whatever.

As for the RAM most likely going with the G Skill but not too sure which one ? 003 why the extreme 4000 when the 3200 seems to have tighter numbers ? I may be overlooking the obvious, if I am please remember iam teh nOObz ;)

I was looking into cooling today to kill some time at work and came across a CNPS9500 LED. Anyone ever use one or have any feedback ?
Oh and ordered the Ultra-D last night :D

Cheers : =SW=

[Digi - I sent you a PM yesterday with it]

Ok...went out on a limb and ordered the 9500 LED....did a bit of reading and it seemed like a good cooler if a bit noisey at 2600 rpm.

Only a few more things left to go. I was thinking about a powerstream 520w or the Antec 500 truepower.

Anyone have any comments good or bad about either of these ?

=SW=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom