GFX Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
Right i need to get my pc soon. Some of my specifications include:

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR SKT939 Motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 4400+

And the graphics card.. well i want to get it now i dont really want to be waiting. I have been looking at my research and found the x1900XTX looks pretty powerful and beats the graphics card i was originally intending to get i.e. Nvidia 7800 GTX 256 MB.

I am wanting to buy from ebuyer.com

However, they only have limited selection ie.

Connect3d ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512Mb DVI + DVI + VIVO PCI-E
Sapphire version

I was originally going to get the:

Leadtek WinFast PX7800 GTX TDH MyVIVO Extreme edition PCI-E

Now i'm unsure what to do.. can one of you guys help me? :)

Well, the 7800GTX is a good card, but right now the X1900XTX is the best card out there. If you're going to get that buy from the brand Sapphire. They make the best ATI based cards.

Also, the Nvidia G71 (7900 series) is just around the corner and there is a lot of speculation that it will beat the X1900XTX in performance. However, this is just speculation, and there are no benchmarks out to prove it is better.

But at the same time, I don't see nVidia making a card that doesn't outperform the x1900XTX. Especially since the 7800GTX 512mb is barely behing the x1900XTX. This is pure speculation, but I don't see how it could be any other way.

Ryan

Nvidias cards are just very expensive. But i am wondering what i should really do as:
1) i have been waiting to get my pc for quite a while now and dont wanna wait
2) the motherboard seems to be a Nvidia based motherboard and getting a ati card might be a bit stupid?

Whens the release date for this G71 in UK? I know us Brits get everything at the last minute i dont want to wait! :p

If you can afford the X1900XTX, then you can afford to wait for the GeForce 7900GTX. March, wait for it.

Amidamaru said:
Nvidias cards are just very expensive.

I tend to lead towards nVidia because they're cheaper. At least in the US... The top-of-the-line card is always going to be the most expensive, but I mean, in the 7xxx series vs. x1xxx series, nVidia seems to be a little cheaper. They've been releasing thier cards first.

Ryan

The X1900XTX is a lot better than the 7800GTX, and about the same price so I don't see why you are trying to get the 7800GTX.

Because of the motherboard compatibility and the possibility of the 7900 whoping the x1900XTX's ***...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom