GFx Card for a Shuttle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
would it be safe/ok to put a ATI Radeon x850 XT AGP in a Shuttle?? or would that cause some overheating issues...

and i dont want people to tell me to get a differ card... i want to know an answer for THIS GFx Card...

ATI Radeon X850 XT AGP :D

well, it's all dependant upon how well your case circulates. I wouldn't put the hottest card on the market in that small case unless your case was virutally a wind-tunnel. That's just my opinion. But yeah, it can be done, but make sure the case is as cool as you can get it.

Ryan

No, for a Shuttle, i wouldn't do any more than like a GeForce 6200 or something. Shuttles are for saving space, not for gaming machines. Plus, the X850XT sucks (for the price) anyways, get a larger, better cooled case and a 6800 GT which can play every game out today at max settings and is ready for future games.

depending on the user.. they work perfect for gaming.. ALOT of people use them for LAN use.. ever heard of "Frag Box" "Hornet Pro"... and i would never waste my money on a 6200.. PLUS.. the x850 XT is only $320.. plus i can prolly get it for a lil cheaper than that

and im thinkin about gettin this shuttle mod to get better cooling.. so i can use the x850 XT

http://xoxide.com/sunbeam-shuttle-xpc-mod-clear.html

Well, I think what he's getting at is that the x850 is a horrible bang/buck. The 6800GT outperforms it for less money. It's a better deal, all around, without a doubt.

Ryan

Well how bout you guys respect the guys desicion and besides he asked for ppl NOT to recomend another card. The Shuttle will be fine w/ that card in it. Which model are you getting? Perhaps a link so we can see it. I know Monarch creates small form PCs w/ those in it so im really sure that it will work w/out a problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856101471

and how is the 6800GT better than the x850 XT..

and they are about the same price.. except the x850 XT is actually a lil cheaper than SOME of the 6800GT models.. the x850 XT is $320, and i can get it cheaper than that (thats just the shelf price for the public).. so i dont see how the 6800GT is cheaper.. when i can get the x850 XT cheaper.. and when i look at numbers, it seems as if the x850 XT is better than the 6800GT..

and thanks P.P. Mguire, someone actually listens... more people need to be a lil more like this guy.. thanks again

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I am genuinely trying to help. Please don't get snappy with me.

What I'm trying to do to help is get you a cooler card for your compact case. And yes, the 6800GT is a little cheaper.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122195

I told you what I thought about the x850XT, and brought up another possibility that I think you should genuinely entertain... Try not to be so linear and you might find something different and better.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom