getting ready to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
I'm getting ready to buy the parts for my computer(a bit nervous; never built a computer before) from Newegg and I was wondering: when you buy parts from Newegg, do you have to pay in full right away or can you do monthly payments?

Sorry if it's an idiot question; my friend can't help because he likes tigerdirect.

I didn't want to respond, because I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they just charge it to your credit card in full. Maybe look into the Newegg preferred account.

Let me know how that works for you. I'm going to try and get the preferred account (for the 6 months free thing) when I buy my parts.

I believe they started doing this just recently actually. It's called "Bill Me Later" program. I find info about it in the Payment FAQ. I posted some of the Bill Me Later FAQ, but not all, so go to the link to find it all.

These quotes were taken from their FAQ:

# What is Bill Me Later?
Bill Me Later is a convenient and secure new payment method designed for purchasing on the web or over the phone. As a credit account, Bill Me Later provides you with the flexibility to purchase without using your credit card. Bill Me Later is offered through Chase Manhattan Bank USA, N.A. (The Bank) and is only available to US customers who are at least 18 years of age. Subject to credit approval.

# How do I sign up for a Bill Me Later account?
To request a Bill Me Later account, you do not have to complete a lengthy application prior to making a purchase. Simply select Bill Me Later at checkout to complete your request.

There are no account numbers to enter, just top-of-mind information such as date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number. This information is easy to provide and helps protect you against fraud.

# How will I be billed for my Bill Me Later account?
After you use Bill Me Later, you will receive a billing statement.

Bill Me Later offers flexible repayment options: you can choose to pay the entire balance with no additional charges or pay a portion of the balance and regular interest charges apply.

# How does the Bill Me Later "No Payments for 90 Days on purchases over $250" offer work?
You must pay with Bill Me Later to get offer. Offer valid on purchases of $250 or more.

The checkbox next to “Yes, I’d like No Payments for 90 days on purchases over $250!" must be checked in order to receive the promotional offer.

You will receive monthly statements for your purchase but you will not be required to make a payment until your billing statement following the promotion expiration date. You can make payments at any time during the promotional period. If you pay for your purchase in full by the promotion expiration date, you will not be billed Finance Charges. Otherwise, Finance Charges will be billed from the transaction date.

Your purchase will be a Deferred Payment Option under the Bill Me Later Terms and Conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom