Getting a Raptor HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
I'm getting a raptor 16mb cache, for 60 bucks, I wasn't 100 % sure if they are really that much faster than my 250WD.
Is this a good deal?

which raptor? (i mean the capacity)

they're not that much faster but it can cut off some of the time of boot time

its a really great deal if its the 74gb or bigger...

decent deal if its the 36.6gb one

The raptors actually help especially when your accessing your hard drive. It helps me when I use avast to scan my computer every week. It gets done scanning my raptor drive in less than 2 minutes. My other drives where I store music in one minute. This is in a really really thorough scanning so it scans every single tiny file. Since my other drives only has videos, photos, music and a few documents, its faster to scan because it doesnt have as many number of files compared to whats stored in your main boot drive where windows is installed.

So the raptor really helps. Though my boot time is not amazingly fast because of the stupid drivers taking forever to load. I bet it takes even longer if I didnt have a raptor.

It takes me 12 progress bar passes before my computer lets me log in. Stock settings or even overclocked theres no difference in boot time. Hm...

I decided to buy it, its only 60 bucks, and apparently there is still 8 months of warranty. As soon as I get it , I'm going to RMA for a new one.
I also have 2 250gb WD drives, I guess I'll try and put that in RAID 0. But I don't know why.. but seriously... I have to run chkdsk on my raid array constantly if something happens..
It really ****ed me off.

Like if I turned my computer off by pushing the power button, if my comp locked up.

boom. run chkdsk.

if you RMA your drive you dont get a new one, you get a refurbished one, so your better off just keeping it as is

if you RMA your drive you dont get a new one, you get a refurbished one, so your better off just keeping it as is

depends what company, EVGA told me they give you new cards when you RMA yours since they do not have a refurbished pile waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom