getting a new vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
hey so yea, i'm not sure if i should go the cheaper 4890 XFX ATi that i have found for around 170, which is a great price. Or if i should get a GTX275 or 280 which is obviously like a hundred bucks more. The cooling on the Nvidias looks better and they look like sturdier cards. Also since Nvidia is the bigger name they usually get a bit more support and PC games are often sponsored and coded around the Nvidia cards.

here's both:

https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=XFX-4890&src=DC

or

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1280-TR GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I'm kinda confused as to where to go. Any help with my decision will help greatly, thanks guys.

The HD 4890 overclocks better and is slightly than the GTX 275. Plus since it is so much cheaper it's the best choice in my opinion.

Yeah, go with the 4890. It is surprising how much the 280 has dropped in price. The 285 is still up at like 320-330. Isn't it not that much faster?

what's the difference in the ram's bit? the ATi's all say 256 and the the Nvidia's all say 512. But the ATi is GDDR5 while Nvid is GDDR3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom