Getting My First Gaming PC! Need Help!

p2skater1

Baseband Member
Hey guys, so I may be getting my first gaming PC really soon (I use a CraPC before, now I use a Mac) and I wanted to know the best PC for under $950. $950 just for the brain, no monitor, keyboard, mouse, ect.. (Unless it comes with one, all lready have a good mouse). I would like it to be able to run games like Battlefield smoothly, allow me to still play Minecraft and mod it, and allow me to screen record and upload to youtube (I know these are easy requirements, but I want to be descriptive and not just say, "Hey guyS f1nd m3 a CompooteR pls.") If there is a cheaper alt. one opt you know about to a good computer I would still love to hear it.

-p2

Well the cheapest and best way to do it is build it.

Ok, I was also thinking about building one. The only reason I don't wanna is because I have only put together two computers. That was 2 years ago and I got a C on the assignment... I can manage though. I know no all cases are compatible with all parts so I will need help with that. So here are some questions in need answered:
What is a good graphics card that will allow me to play games like BAttlefiled with ease?
Is 8gb of ram a good amount, or should I go for 16? If so can somone tell me which ones are good.
What kind of processor should I get?
What kind of motherboard should get?

(I am an internal newb).

looking at the list its 8gb of ram u can make it 16 if u wish and 1tb of space. fans? the case seems it only comes with a back fan u can add 2 on the side and 2 on top later if u want.

I got advice from my cousin who said, "970 with an i5 is overkill" I asked if there is a cheaper alt and he said, "I7 or going down to a 700" Would an the send option still function good and be significantly cheaper?
8GB of RAM, 1TB of space, and you don't need anything else but that unless you need an OS. THose are links, not a wall of text.
Yes, I know they are link lol... I mean't it is hard for me to find the specs because I don't know alot about the internals of computers yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom