Getting more FPS in Oblivion elder scrolls....

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have that computer and no digital camera? or not even a mobile phone with a cam? i find that very strange!!

i have mobile phone camera, and no digital camera i lost it in spain =( i was so depressed, one of the locals must have took my bad while i was at the beach :mad:

meh, my setup can get ~40-50fps in the woods at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and bloom. it is annoying that I cannoy run AA and HDR at the same time. :p

I think the "hickups" are just oblivions fault, although they were significantly reduced when i moved to the c2d from my old p4. oblivion does like it's ram though.

meh, my setup can get ~40-50fps in the woods at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and bloom. it is annoying that I cannoy run AA and HDR at the same time. :p

I think the "hickups" are just oblivions fault, although they were significantly reduced when i moved to the c2d from my old p4. oblivion does like it's ram though.

tell me about it, on the case it says 512mb miniumum and 1gb recoomended....i would like to see someone even attempt to stat the game with 512mb lol

atm im playing virtua tennis 3....yes i know, its not making the most of my system but a quality game

although saying that, i played oblivion on my very first build, which was...

p4 3.4 ghz 2mb l2 cache
asus p5rd1-vm mobo
1gb ddr ram
250gb maxtor hdd
7300gs gpu

and i played oblivion on medium/low at 1280x1024 settings and it was a bit slow, but i was so into the game i really didnt care lol

Just played to investigate more closely. Had 16xAF set in the drivers, with 4xAA and bloom in the game, was getting 30-40fps in the woods and ~60 in towns etc.

I noticed that on this PC I really don't notice the hickups to be honest. 4GB of ram and a raid0 array seems to be the way to go :p Same goes for Dark Messiah. With 1Gb ram, taht would just crash out all the time, causeing nasty errors and BSODs. 2GB of ram made that all but go away, 4GB ram is just great.

when i say hick ups..i dont mean bad graphics, its just that it loads scenery every so often, which is kind of annoying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom