Getting more FPS in Oblivion elder scrolls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
At the moment im on mostly high settings for everything, looks pretty sweet and im getting about 60FPS at that, but if im running forwards for example sometimes it skips for a split second so its not totally smooth if you know what i mean, so im guessing this is my cpu not being able to keep up and my GPU is coping fine?

You could go into the system config settings and turn down things such as the amount of grass patches and stuff outside like that.

yeah i know i can, then it doesnt look as nice, im asking what i need to upgrade to allow me to run everything high and smooth

What res do you play on?

The only things that really beat the 7950GT are the 8 series cards and the X1900XTX/X1950XT/X1950XTX and the 7950GX2.

So it all depends really.

The 7900GTO/GTX also are better but you won't find those much anymore as with the X1900XTX

Play on 1280x 1024 and i dont think its my graphics card, im getting 60FPS on almost max settings as i said above, the choppyness i believe to be my cpu not being able to keep up.
I know my card performs aswell as a 8800GTS 640MB because i had one installed on this pc and got identical FPS on battlefield 2142

Your card does not perform as well as an 8800GTS 320. We have all come to believe that there is another limiting factor. Are you sure your refresh rate is set high enough? Limited at 60 FPS in everything is usually due to V-sync and low refresh rate.

My Refresh is 75htz and I'm always capped at 75 in most of my games but thats fine with me.

yeah vsync is on, ill turn it off then and try it.
But im telling you i had a 8800GTS 640MB card in this pc and my fps were the same as my 7950GT 512MB, thats another reason im thinking my cpu is holding me back

yeah vsync is on, ill turn it off then and try it.
But im telling you i had a 8800GTS 640MB card in this pc and my fps were the same as my 7950GT 512MB, thats another reason im thinking my cpu is holding me back

I don't know about that...it may be hurting a tiny bit but not enough to where you would not see any performance increase from an 8800GTS at all. I'm going to bet you it has to deal with V-sync being on and your refresh rate set to 60 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom