Getting a Graphics Card...which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
Okay, my budget is $120-128 shipped. I live in NJ so add 7% tax to the price without shipping.

My rig is as follows:

430 Watt Antec Earthwatts PSU.
Intel C2D Wolfdale E7200 @ 2.53GHz
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L (i think lol)
2x1 GB PNY Ram DDR2
Firewire PCI Card
Chaintech 8500GT
LG DVD Burner
Floppy drive
Excelstor 250 GB HD
Vista Home Premium x64
22" Acer LCD
Pretty much it...

I went with the crappy graphics card when I built my rig fully expecting to get another one in 2-3 months...it's now been 5 months. I hate the card because I can't experience games to full potential.

***I need a graphics card that I would not have to change my PSU for***

I have been looking at the ATI HD4830 by Sapphire on Newegg which is $119 shipped.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I wish it came with a bundled game like COD4 or something, but that's okay. If you have any other suggestions...let me know.

I am willing to do small overclocks via overclocking software for small performance gains if necessary.

Oh snap. I wish I had a few more bucks to spare. I can get it to 135 shipped if necessary. Looks like you sir have found me a great deal :D

Does anyone have any objections to what I am going to get? Is it the best my money could get me? I will order it in less than 1 hour.

That's the best you can do...

If you find a decent deal on an HD 4850, you are good

Whoa!!!!!!! If there is nothing wrong with that card, as I am assuming, that is a screamin deal! You should go for that dude. Is it oced at all?

Card is fine, i used it for about 6 weeks, and switched back to nvidia is all. I tend to go through cards quite often as i am a complete and utter upgrade ***** :)

wow, if I had the money, that card would be mine!.

hey if you after sell another card again, just pm me, I will definately want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom