Getting games to display native resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss75

Beta member
I'm hoping this is the forum for this...I'm having a problem getting games to display in my LCD's 1280x1024 native resolution. The only one that does is Oblivion, while others like LotR: Battle for Middle Earth will only display up to 1152x864.

I just bought a new geforce 7800GS and I still have the same problem. I updated the graphics drivers and I checked but the monitor doesn't have drivers. Any help is appreciated since other places seem to be as clueless as I am. Thanks

wait what? I have a 6600 and it goes easlily to 1600x1200.

I dont know what a native res. is but I dont see why that card wont play your games on the right resolution

I had the 6800 though and it did the same thing. It bugs me not playing a game in native resolution. I thought there might be some obscure setting somewhere that I needed to mess with.

Native resolution meaning the resolution (usually the max) that your LCD display looks best at.

Native resolution is what I consider to be the only major drawback to LCDs. CRTs look about the same at any resolution in game. Not so for LCDs. Maybe LoTR doesn't support anything higher than 1152x864? Older games maxed out at much lower resolutions than today's do.

Im pretty sure you can edit the .CFG file somewhere, as you can do this in F.E.A.R.

try google maybe?

I found a site on google that said they edited a text file in Battle for Middle Earth II but it doesn't say which one. Anyone have a clue?

Ah I found it. In LotR you have to go to the readme and then it tells you how in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom