Getting Crysis to run on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, far cry was very tweakable. very. suppose crysis is that tweakable, your still looking at a resolution probably like 640X480 and disabling every feature the game has to offer....in other words not worth it.

pointless to plan so far ahead, save some $$$$, and when prices are right, come back and we'll help you build a setup.

Would it be wise to choose socket 939, as upgrade options would be very limited?

upgrade options right NOW on s939 are very good, as they are still being made (boards, chips, DDR ram, etc...) but if your going to wait for the next gen DX10 stuff, then wait for it and go either INTEL or AM2. but s939 will be around for a while and is still a very good chip/mobo combo, but compared to the latest stuff, yes it is dated...

bonehelm said:
To play crysis in direct X 10 mode you need R600 or G80 which will be released in december
6800 GT's will run it. they recommend a 7800 series though.

I'd say:
socket 939 Athlon 64 X2 4200+

socket 939 + PCI-E motherboard
something like a DFI UT NF4-D

Nvidia 7900 GT, or ATI X1900 XT

Oh yeah i also looked into upgradeing my Pc. But every place i got they do not sell Socket A Athlon XPs. all simp and what ever is what ive seen

If your good for now, I'd say just wait till those games are about to come out and build a whole new comp.

apokalipse said:
6800 GT's will run it. they recommend a 7800 series though.

I'd say:
socket 939 Athlon 64 X2 4200+

socket 939 + PCI-E motherboard
something like a DFI UT NF4-D

Nvidia 7900 GT, or ATI X1900 XT

ya.... ya... i remember oblivion once told me that too... but boy were they wrong... and with trees and grass actually being 3d.. and having their own set of physics... i don't think a 7900 will be able to handle that in any way...

i don't see any single card solution handling that game anywhere near full quality.. well besides r600 g80 single card solutions...

and i know stupid people like me... love playing with all the eye candy.. otherwise i wouldnt buy high end graphics cards.... i myself, are going to set up a crossfire rig very soon just to play that game along with ut2007... it upsets me i have to pay so much money to play these games full quality though :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom