Getting a Blu Ray Drive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys... Argh.... I hate spending money LOL...

Anyway... I would like to have a Blu Ray Drive installed on my PC which I built last summer.... there's a Sony one on sale at Best Buy for under $130.00 and it has really good reviews.... link below:

Sony - 8x Internal Blu-ray Disc/DVD-ROM/CD-ROM Drive - BDU-X10S

Should I purchase it or not? It comes with the software.... I have spent soo much money already hehe...

I just upgraded my comp. from 2GB to 6GB hehe cuz I couldn't resist the G.Skillz RAM on sale at newegg for under $40.00 2GB x 2 for a total of 4GB.

It did reduce my Vista Rating from 5.9 to 5.6 because the new RAM reduced it... I had the 2GB 4-4-4-12 RAM installed before and adding the 5-5-5-15 timing RAM reduced the performance... its ok cuz I don't overclock my computer right now anyway....

Anyway.... Is that Blu Ray Drive a good deal? Also... my Display is 22" Gateway FPD2275W and it says its HDCP Complaint via DVI-D Input. So I'm sure my PC is Blu Ray Ready other than the need of the drive and software which should come with the drive.

Thanks. Please let me know if I should get the Sony Drive :D or if you have other suggestions for a good Blu Ray Drive, let me know... I want something cheap and effective hehe. I have no need for a Blu Ray burner though :D I rarely use my DVD Burner hehe. But yea, just need a Blu Ray player for playing HD Movies on my PC.

i dun think ur rating went down because of the timings, your ram cant no longer in dual channel which slows down performance a lot. just use the 2gb sets and tighten them to 4-4-4-12 with a little more voltage and ull have 5.9 agen.

i no this is besides point , as for the optical, a cd drive is a cd drive, if it has good reviews get it. i do know pioneer and plextor are very good, but ive heard good things from sony drives to. sum lg's have 12x read speeds for the same price but generally sony is a much better quality brand then Lg for optical drives.

Thanks guys.... I just overclocked my system again but not to 3.0GHz but rather to 2.7 GHz (300 MHz x 9) with 6GB RAM running at 900MHz 5-5-5-15 and its running perfectly... now Vista Rating is back up to 5.9 :)

And as far as Blu Ray Drive Goes.... I think I will just order one from Newegg :) thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom