get the ocz? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati
Default get the ocz?

ok first of all ive got some pretty nice hard ware i would think, and second of all i would hate to see it get damaged. and if a power supply did that wow i would be pissed! so go with this one

this power supply is not only built with quality, but just the case is 4 pounds of steel and then plated with a titanium finish.
its a modular also so u can unplug all the uneeded cables. and there all sleeved. and this power supply is a constant 450watt, with a peak of 520 watt, so your whole system will have constant stable rails. so should i but this? ive got a cheap 500 watt logisys right now lol, and unless theres something better.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

I dont' want to stir up trouble for OCZ since they were a great help to me, but I just got my new PSU two days ago after my 520w Modstream decided not to work one day. When it's working its a great PSU. Just go to the OCZ forums and you'll see a lot of posts that have the 520w Modstream as the subject line, and its not usually a happy subject.

PROS: Cables are sleeved; decent amount of plugs for non-SLI systems; quiet; more than enough power for all my fans, lights and componants; It looks cool IMO (just keep your fingers off the finish).

CONS: Cables are tight at first, but loosen up; only one SATA plug so I hear SLI systems have to use a 4 pin dongle to SATA converter; Mine and others have died.

Am I happy with it? Yes, I'm laid back and understand that $hit happens, OCZ support is excellent and helpful. I now have a new replacement PSU that is working very well. Although, if it dies again I may be a bit more upset, but I would probably replace it with a different OCZ PSU.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Get the 520 Watt one. The 600 watt and the 520 watt are the top 2 from OCZ.

You will not be dissapointed.

And theres always RMA's if it doesn't work properly.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati

yea im just asking because im building a new system i just sold mine listed in the sig for 650$ for only the computer. and im going to build this-
evga 518 evga 7800gt
evga sli motherboard nforce 4
1gb dual chnnel geil memory pc 3200
amd 3000 venice 939, (im only getting the 3000 for what it possibly can do. so i need to get itleast 2.4ghz out of it.)
and im not really sure about a good power supply becasue i would like to have one that would enable me to sli in the future.
Closed Thread