General video card, PC building questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya definitely. That will be one nice rig. Alot better than what you expected I'm sure ;)

Well at least I shop at the same place as the tech-savvy people.

I will review your posts when I have the time later, thank you very much for your input.

Ok...now usually I am the type of person who wants the best of everything....bad habit but makes my life nice haha. I dont want to do that with a computer though considering that I probably cant even notice the difference between dual-core and quad or 128-bit and 256-bit. I have no idea about any of this stuff, I just want a computer that can play WoW, Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3 and Farcry 2/Crysis/Fallout 3 etc....

It would also be nice to run iTunes and a web browser at the same time.

I think 1000 might be a bit much, do you think I can get what I want with 600-800?

I already HAVE a monitor, memory, graphics card (might want to upgrade though), keyboard and mouse.

I want to buy a barebone system because that will be MUCH easier for me to put together without messing it up.

This is the one I was looking at:
Newegg.com - Shuttle SX38P2-Pro Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel X38 4 x 240Pin Barebone - Barebone Systems

Please point out weak points in that system and how I can improve it. Thanks again!

Its just a case, motherboard, and a weak power supply.

For about $700~$800 you should be able to get a decent Quad or a blazing fast Dual core. Along with 4GB of some quality ram. Paired with a future proof power supply, and a 4850/4870 maybe 9800 GTX+/GTX 260.

^Agreed, I would never recommend a barebone system. You can get so much better. Don't cheap out on yourself, you will regret it.

Ya thats a good point baron, I was just never a fan of the Antec 300, 900, 1200. They are just too common and I am not a fan of the looks. I am a big Lian-Li fan though. I wish I had one. I'm getting annoyed with my TT Armor.

Pinscher, I have my case choice narrowed to an NZXT Tempest or an Antec 1200. First I was gonna go with the 1200, then the Tempest because it's $50 cheaper, now I'm back to the 1200. You only don't like the 1200 because it's so common and mainstream, right? Because I thought it was a very, very nice case.

Plus, mine'll be unique cuz... I'll put funny stickers on it or something...

Pinscher, I have my case choice narrowed to an NZXT Tempest or an Antec 1200. First I was gonna go with the 1200, then the Tempest because it's $50 cheaper, now I'm back to the 1200. You only don't like the 1200 because it's so common and mainstream, right? Because I thought it was a very, very nice case.

Plus, mine'll be unique cuz... I'll put funny stickers on it or something...

Ya its a great case, I won't deny that. I just like to go for Lian-Li or something that is a little more away from the "look at my awesome case that is really flashy" or the "everybody has this case, its the best" crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom