GeForce VS. Quadro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard823

Solid State Member
I was just wondering, how different is a Geforce 7800 compare to Qudro FX4500, both 512MB VRAM. Anybody know some spec number that can compare those 2? I just want to know what's the things that makes such huge price differences.

So they have different standards of measurements? Actually I am looking for something that is useful more about 3D rendering than gaming, but I wonder how different can they be in the gaming department?

The drivers used to run the Quadro series are unique, so if you use a Quadro for gaming, it will be pretty bad.

However, if you're into graphics design and use graphisc-intensive programs then the Quadro is probably the better choice. Make sure whatever program you use is supported by the card.

If you guys looked at his other thread then you woul dhave seen that he is into heavy rendering. Sense thats the case then the Quadro 4500 is your card. IF you like CADs, heavy photoshop, and other heavy rendering then the QuadroFX 4500 will do it and do it nicely. If your like us and play alot of BF2 and HL2 then you want the GTX 512 which obviously you dont want.

Its nice to see somebody here who wants to put technology to a more serious use than gaming for a change. Get the Quadro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom