GeForce 9 series is here but disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1

In Runtime
I was really hoping that with the 9 series cards would have support for Direct X 10.1 but I'm not seeing it with the 9600. I need to upgrade my card but did not want to buy one that did not have support for Direct X 10.1. Maybe the 9800 will have it? I am not sure if 10.1 will have any significant improvement but I am curious anyway and just wanted the new cards to support it.

I know 9800gtx will be a fluke, especially since
Merkwürdigliebe;1319702 said:
Who's NVIDIA tryin to fool?

GPUZ_Exp.jpg
gpusd6.png

I can only hope that maybe GPU-Z is getting confused over some of the details and mistaking it for an 8800GTS...

If anything, I can flash it to read as a 9800GTX and sell it off at a profit guilt-free to someone in the mainstream market, knowing that I'm pretty much selling the same thing hardware-wise and invest in something tastier, like a 4000 series card ;)

I saw that...

do people ever think its a photoshopped image..

i mean look at how all the speculations have been so far, like back in October when the rumors of the 9series coming out in November.

Don't believe it till you see it.

And why does DX10.1 Matter? Game developers are still in the infant stages of developing games in DX10.
DX10.1 won't be mainstream for a LONG time.

ur never too sure, when games come out with 10.1 (might be renamed to just DX11) ATI might have the advantage since they're already selling em. Of course it might take one more year for more DX10 games on the shelves of bestbuy and another 2-3 years for something with DX10.1

or since not many dx10 games have been made yet they might go traight to dx10.1 which was the point of developing it so soon before dx10 games where released the dx10 engine isnt as efficient as they hoped for aparently the dx10.1 is.

The 9600 is NOT a true 9k series card. Its a low cost scaled down 8800GT. Read the actual specifications before you say your disappointed by the WHOLE 9 series, seeing as there is a grand total of 1 card out now.

lol i would be to, im looking at buying wildsides 3870x2 where in the midle of negotiation right now, i also have to choose that or my second tattoo, on the other leg its gonna be a canadian flag with kangaroos, its a hard choice for me lol. but this deal is hard to pass up, and its dx10.1 ready, alltho it is only pci-e 1.1

the 9800gtx will be fairly good, i heard it will be 30% better performance then an ultra for aroun 450 -550, and thats a pretty good deal. i will prob just jump straight to it and not even get an 8 series card. man will the performance be a huge jump over my 7600gt. im SICK OF IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom